ch. 36 Take The Lead

My dreams turned into nightmares again. Over and over I would see Eric dieing during the war to come or him killing an innocent from his past. It was really tearing me apart inside because I couldn’t do anything about it during the nightmares. The whole time it was as if I was watching a really bad movie and I couldn’t step in to change the outcome. Another part of the “movie” that was causing me to freak out too was when Caine would show up in random parts, not doing a thing, but staring…at me.

Once the last scene of Caine staring into my eyes was over I practically jumped out of bed and almost screamed. My body was cold, my hands clammy, and distressingly Eric was nowhere around me.

Like a snail I pealed the covers off of me and looked down at my checkered blue pajama shorts and my white tank top that was sticking to my skin a little bit. I should have probably put something more on, but right now I wanted to find Eric. My intentions were not totally sure what I would do when I would find him but none the less I needed him.

~

Before I exited the my room I was staying in, I saw that it was 6:30 P.M. Would all the vampires be awake already?

Eric was always a early riser so hopefully I would find him fast.

Still in my tank top and pajama shorts I shuttled my butt pretty fast down the hallways hoping not to be noticed. While trying to calm myself down I searched out for Eric and felt that he was near by and calm. The more and more I got near him the more and more relieved I was getting.

Soon the feeling was so strong that he could have been next to me but instead I was facing a door. I wondered what was behind it, besides Eric, and quietly but hastily opened it.

I poked my head in, “Eric? Pst! Eric!”

A chuckled made itself herd and there and then I knew it was my vampire. What I didn’t expect was Eric laying in a huge tub full of steaming hot water.

Eric’s eyes were closed but he had a smile forming on his lips. “Your heart beats fast lover. Why?”

I made my way over to Eric and couldn’t help but turn red when he made the comment about my heart. I don’t know why, but I always did. That and when he called me his lover. It just sounded so good, and made me love him even more.

“You were not there when I woke up. I felt uneasy without you.” Eric’s eyes opened and almost looked sad.

“I’m sorry Violet. I never want you to feel that way. Forgive me.”

He sounded as though he would die if I refused him and it made me feel guilty for even saying anything.

With slow steps I made my way over and sat behind my love. He turned around and was asking what I was doing but I shushed him and turned his shoulders so his back was to me again.

Like feathers I trailed by nails up his back and down again until he shuddered. I smiled in relish because it was usually him that always made me shudder in pleasure. Over and over again I trailed my fingers up and down Eric’s spine till I stopped to massage his broad shoulders. He purred in satisfaction and I bent down to kiss his neck on the left and then switching to the right.

“Lover,” Eric breathed to me and grabbed me from behind to bring my arm around him. I was now somewhat wet but I didn’t mind.

I could feel his want, his lust, his craving for my blood. It excited me as he lifted my wrist to his mouth and brushed his nose against my fairly visible blue veins. I inhaled a quick breath as he continued and traced his tongue against the spot where he brushed his nose.

“All mine,” Eric growled and bit straight into my wrist. Feelings of only love and need flowed through me as my vampire drank my life source and I had to hold on to him to keep from falling.

By the time he was done I was for sure a little weak and couldn’t exactly walk straight. “I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have taken so much but you taste so…” Eric couldn’t find a good enough word I guess and wrapped a towel around his waist before picking me up and rushing us to our room with vampire speed.

“I know, I’m just so intoxicating,” I chuckled and let my head rest against his chest.

He laid me down on the bed and began to walk away but I hastily told him no and that I wanted him to lay with me just for a little bit.

My love did as I asked and chucked his towel off his chiseled hips before pulling me to him. I didn’t care that he was naked, in fact it felt sort of scandalous which caused me to smile.

“What are you smiling at lover?”

I bit my lip before answering in the most innocent way I could, “About you laying next to be all bare and steamy and-”

Eric didn’t let me finish. His lips were now covering mine and his hands rushing their way all up and down my sides. I bit down on his lower lip gently and held him close to me. I needed all of his love and he was more than willing to give it to me.

~

After the nice lovey dovey time I spent with Eric it was time for phase one of this whole operation: GET THROUGH THE NEXT FEW NIGHTS. For starters Eric and I had to do a dance, I didn’t know which yet but I dressed in a light baby pink short dress that was quite light and the fabric looked like it was in soft curls. The straps were maybe an inch wide and had little jewels on each strap in the middle of them. In addition the middle section had jewels all over in triangle- diamond patterns.

Just as I was putting my heals on, (which I was glad were not too high so I could dance in them) Eric walked in wearing another dark tux. I swear there was nothing that man couldn’t wear that didn’t get my temperature rising.

“Damn you’re beautiful,” Eric whispered and I smiled as he took my hand and placed a kiss on my head.

“Let’s get this over with shall we?”

~

Max, in a very nice tux as well led us to a huge ballroom. Who knew one of these was in here?

Again everyone there was nicely dressed and watching every move I made while Eric and I positioned ourselves in the circular clearing they left for us on the ballroom floor.

I could see the counsel in red robes sitting in chairs facing us. A man stood up and said, “The dance you are to perform is the tango.”

Oh shit! Oh shit! Oh shit! Sure just pick one of the hardest damn dances to perform! Fricken JERK!

“Are you ready my lover?” Eric whispered to me while the man from the counsel sat back down.

Eric I haven’t mastered the tango!!!

You will do fine lover.

Oh! Oh! Oh I got it! Do you remember the movie we watched called Take the Lead with Antonio Banderas?!

The one about the kids learning the different dances in the school?

Yes! Let’s do the tango scene or as close as we can like the one in the basement.

Brilliant my love. Let’s show them what sex on hardwood really looks like.

Eric grinned his signature smile at me and nodded to the counsel that we were ready to start. The music began to play and Eric swiftly took off his jacket and held onto it while I circled around him twice, than it really began. For two and a half minutes we twirled, twisted, grabbed, and finally he lifted me into the air sideways before I landed on the ground and the whole crowd clapped in amazement and whistles. I smiled as Eric helped me up and I looked into the crowd to see Max practically jumping the air while clapping like a maniac. Pam was right next to him and smiling at us while she clapped as well. The only one person I noticed who wasn’t joining in the happiness was Caine. Instead he looked at me with the most serious expression on his face while weaving his way out of the crowd and disappearing.

“Come on lover, lets go have our own dance in a more private setting.”

I didn’t object and let Eric lead me back to the bedroom where many more dances were to come that night.