Ch. 54 Leap of Crazy

Eris’ P.O.V.

            I paced back and forth in my chamber by myself until out of all the gods to show up, Hades came and popped in like he owned the place.

            “Hello there Eris,” His smooth voice welcoming and almost charming if I didn’t find him so annoying.

            “What do you want?” I snapped not in the mood.

            “Ouch. I thought we were on better terms than that beautiful. I just stopped by to see how things are coming.”

            I eyed him skeptically. Hades never did anything without a reason behind it. No matter how stupid it was, it was always to benefit him in the end.

            “Going quite smoothly.”

            “Oh really? Have you found the blade yet?” His voice was mocking like a court jester.

            “I don’t possess it in my hands at this time.” Maybe he wanted to help me?

            Hades came and walked to sit in a chair by the empty fireplace. With a flick of his wrist it came to life. “No. But do you think you’ll be able to find it before little Violet does? I’ll tell you, the smack down her and Zeus had yesterday was quite a show. She’s a feisty one. Say didn’t she throw the Viking into the sun?”

            I breathed in a sharp breath. “How do you know about that?!”

            “You would be surprised about how many people know, especially since it was Eric Northman. How is the lad doing anyway? Giving him all the attention he needs?”

            I slapped Hades across the cheek before he could flash another grin. “Stop mocking me. I will win this war against that little flea. The last thing she will see before I end her will be my face!”

            “Take it easy there tiger!” Hades laughed and held up his hands. “I just wanted to know.”

            “I think you’re visit is done. Leave.” And so he did. For when I looked at the window and then back at where he was sitting in the chair, there was nothing.

~

Violet’s P.O.V.

            I could hear the whispers of how I got my ass kicked by Zeus all over the estate the next day and night. Some were nicer than others. Some were downright sad, saying they felt sorry for me about my grandfather being such a prick. Others were just talking about how banged up I looked. However when things would get too much Caine and Max would ask them if they had something better to do like train or whatever. My two defenders never fail to put the smallest smile on my face.

            After I woke up from the fight with Zeus I was in more pain from losing Ava than any of my physical injuries. My friend was brutally battered and killed by Eric. The Eric who was supposed to be at my side. The Eric who said he would face the world for me. My love. He was no longer the ancient vampire who told me I was the reason he knew he had a soul. It killed me, and killed Ava this time.

            I had asked some of the vampires if they could help me dig a grave for her on the estate under a willow tree. I had remembered she told me they were her favorite once. But when I went to pick up a shovel, it wasn’t the harsh pain rippling through my arm, but Ambrose and the others of the brotherhood who told me they would do it. They said their leader needed to rest and it was an honor for them to dig, for they had all at least met Ava. And even though it was only for a brief moment in time, they could see how pure she was. I bowed my head to them in thanks and placed tiger lilies on the fresh dirt when they were done burring her.