Ch. 41 To The Hilt

“Oh my god,” I grunted after wiping my nose again. It must have been the twentieth time that night and I was sick of it. No pun intended.

It was terrible timing to get sick but the coven Ava was friends with had just arrived in Louisiana. I had called Sam Merlotte asking him if we could use his bar as sort of a meeting place. He had no problem with the idea and said to come over once the bar was closed.

“Violet?” Eric called.

“I’m in the bathroom!” I hollered and sneezed.

“Darling are you still not feeling well?” Eric asked me anxiously as he wrapped his arms around my waist. I leaned back into his chiseled chest. He had a cotton white shirt on so I couldn’t feel the coldness of his body completely.

“Yes I am. I think I need to go to the doctor.”

Eric unwrapped his arms from me and turned me around. I wasn’t sure what he was going to do and I felt a little nervous.

“You should go see Dr. Ludwig.”

“It’s just a common cold thing. I just need to go to a regular doctor.” I explained and went to walk past him. Apparently Eric found this a little annoying and grabbed my arm bringing me back.

“Oh no you don’t.” He said and brought me back so I was standing in front of him again. I looked irritated and tried to wiggle out of his grasp.

“Let me go!” I demanded but Eric only brought me up so my legs were around his waist, and he locked his arms around me.

“Violet, you’re not a regular girl anymore. Do you honestly think you’re going to go to a regular doctor? I won’t let you.” He was absolutely serious and I was about to freak out. It’s not like I was a fricken alien or anything! I just wanted to go to a damn normal doctor for crying out loud!

“Are you shitting me right now?!” I questioned in disbelief while trying to break out of my Viking’s grasp.

Usually this would be no problem but I guess me being sick meant that I would loose my strength considerably. In fact I felt completely human.

“You’re going to Dr. Ludwig and that’s that.”

Eric might have laid down the law but I was going to see a regular doctor whether he liked it or not.

“You know what’s really funny honey?” I asked while relaxing my body in his grasp. Slowly Eric’s demanding nature faded while with my eyes I looked from his lips back up to his curious blue orbs.

“What love?” He purred and leaned in to caress my bottom lip with his tongue.

I pulled back smug. “You actually think I’m going to do what you say.”

Eric’s reaction was priceless as he pulled back and growled at me.

~

The drive to Merlotte’s was quick. Not quick enough however for Eric and I to not bicker about what was wrong with me (health-wise) and what doctor I was going to.

“Just stop it please. This coven is a pretty big deal.” I said and walked up to the front door of Merlotte’s. Eric opened the door for me and we both strutted inside.

I was quite surprised at how many members of the coven were there. I counted twenty but also saw Caine, Sam, Alcide, Jessica, Bill, and of course Pam. Max and my mom were nowhere to be seen however.

Pam nodded to Eric and winked at me. I shook my head a little while I smiled and said hello to everyone else before the witch in the front came forth. She was beautiful. Her hair was dark, long, and she was very tall. Her skin was pale and she was wearing a pair of jeans with a Kiss rock shirt. I liked her already.