Ch.55 Call to Order

I gripped my mother’s word and watched as it glowed in my hands.

         “It recognizes you as mine,” my mom smiled to me.

         “Where are the other pieces?” I asked and Athena quickly clapped her fingers.

A flash appeared before my eyes and the hilt and the stone appeared before us frozen, but glowing in the air. They started to move and not before long the blade from my mother’s sword, the hilt, and the stone joined together finally.

“Oh my goddess,” I breathed and reached for the completed sword. It was beautiful and made me feel powerful as I held it in my right hand.

“It is your destiny my darling.”

~

         Don’t ask me how but Hermes got to us without being detected by anyone. Unfortunately he was only able to send me back to the estate and not my mom. I couldn’t worry about that though; I had to call all the leaders together because war was only a couple doors down.

         “Holy shit you made it!” Ambrose jumped for joy once he saw me. Thankfully Hermes popped me right in the Meeting Room.

         “Oh- is that the- wow!” Leona gushed and I asked if she could open portals for all the leaders to come for the meeting.

         “That’s a pretty steak knife,” Alcide joked walking in smiling. His muscles rippled beneath his tight flannel shirt. “I’m glad you made it out alive there darlin’.”

         “Thanks me too. How is Max doing?” I asked and it was Pam who showed me what room he was in.

         He looked much better when I walked in the room and was actually standing. “Violet!” he called to me and walked over with just a little wobble.

         “I got it! Max you were right! I jumped and I thought I was going to die, but I did it!” I admitted and hugged him as softly as I could.

         “I knew you could do it.”

~

         After fighting with Max about him needing more bed rest, he finally won and sat next to me at the huge table in the Meeting Room where all of the leaders were. Everyone, including Caine, Pam, Bill, Sam, Jessica, Ambrose, Leona, Alcide, Annabelle, Opal and her father, Sky and his father, Hazel and her mother, and Pearl and her father. They were all practically replicas of their parents.

         “Thank you all for coming. I know if it weren’t for these circumstances I would have liked to have met you on a much happier note. However, the time for war is upon us and practically ringing our door bell. From my estimation I think we only have maybe a day and a half before we go to the field. Now is there anything needing to be put on the table right now?”

         “More brotherhoods should be here within the hour,” Caine confirmed and I nodded.

         “Good. We have plenty of room for them here. I trust you can take care of that Caine,” I smiled and he nodded assuring.

         “Also there should be ten new packs coming in by that time as well,” Alcide verified.

         “Great. Now onto the attacks-”

~

Eris’ P.O.V.

         How could this happen?! I was so close! So close! What am I to do now?! What am I going to do?! She has the sword! That little, piece of-