Ch. 40 Wanting and Recieving

I was really glad to leave Miami and to just get back to Louisiana. A war was brewing and the whole world was depending on me to save it- with or without them knowing it.

It was kind of weird sitting in Fangtasia at a booth while Eric was at his throne being marveled at by fang bangers and tourists. I wasn’t feeling any jealousy, but instead I was thinking about the dance studio and such. While sitting there I decided I was putting my students too much at risk because of who I was and that I was going to need to shut it down.

What are you thinking about? You look upset.

It was Eric’s voice in my head that popped me out of my little world of worry.

I have to go take care of something.

Where are you going?

His voice was a little demanding but I brushed it off while I headed for the door.

I’m going to the studio, I said sadly and blocked the connection.

~

Ava was at the magic shop when I arrived and gave me a huge hug. We talked for a little bit longer and she whistled once she saw the engagement ring on my finger.

“Damn you could kill someone with that.”

“I’ll take that as a compliment.” I laughed but then I got very serious. “Ava listen, I need you to get out of town, or really out of state for awhile. Is there a place you can go to?”

She looked absolutely shocked and began to feel scared. I explained what was going on and surprisingly she was taking it pretty well.

“I know this is a lot to take in but-”

Ava pulled up a chair and sat down. “So that’s what they were talking about. What they were feeling…”

I had no clue who Ava was talking about. “Who are you talking about?” I asked and pulled up a chair as well to sit in.

She took a deep breath. “A coven I’m friends with. Really powerful witches. They live in England. Recently they have been telling me something big has been going on, something bad was coming. This makes perfect sense now.”

“Do you think you would be able to talk to them for me or something? They’re good I’m guessing?”

“Oh hell yeah. They’re the best fucking witches you could meet, and yes I’ll talk to them. They’ll probably will want to come over now. Help getting forces together.” Ava explained and my ally list was hopefully going up.

~

When Ava left I went into the studio and pulled out my lab top. After writing the excruciating letter to all the parents that I was closing down the studio for awhile I clicked the “send” button and cried my eyes out. I couldn’t do anything but lean against the wall and slide down to the floor as I looked at all the pictures with my students up on the walls. They looked so happy and there I was balling like a baby, but I couldn’t let another one of them get hurt because of me. Rosie was the first and last I would ever let that happen to, not to mention her mom.

My phone buzzed and I saw there was a text from Eric.

When are you coming home?

I replied, “Soon.”

I’ll wait for you then.

You don’t have to do that babe, I texted back and tried to block all of my emotions and thoughts away from Eric. I didn’t want him to worry about me and I hated it being sad around him.