Ch.44 Crossing

“CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHERE MY FUCKING HILT AND STONE ARE?” Eris raged as she paced the gigantic living room of the mansion she was staying in. So far her minions had not been able to retrieve the hilt to the sword or the stone that could destroy her. As much as she didn’t want to admit it to herself, (and there was no way in hell she was going to say it out loud for anyone to hear) she was getting a little worried.

The group of twelve vampires, eight demons, and a few dark elves stood trembling inside. They didn’t want to say a word as to why Eric and Violet had gotten both parts, and all that was left was the blade to complete the sword.

“W-w-we tried oh great one,” A Chinese male vampire stuttered coming to the front.

Eris cocked her eyebrow and let her hands rest on her hips. “Oh you tried,” She stated cold. “Why is it you can’t accomplish a single fucking task? Hmm?”

The group couldn’t help but shake at Eris’ threatening voice. Anyone of them could die any second if they were to say even one more word wrong.

“Our spies have told us that the stone is in the possession of Athena or Apollo,” Another vampire piped up.

Eris rolled her eyes and spat, “Athena.” She hated her with more hatred than she did Zeus. Ever since she was formed out of Zeus’ head she’s been the favorite. The one everyone worships.

“What should we do now?” A demon asked.

The goddess of chaos took a few steps forward before answering. “Go kill them. Except for the Viking.”

Just as Eris was to turn around a short dark elf walked into the room. He seamed breathless from running. “Goddess!”

“WHAT?!” Eris snapped impatiently. She really wasn’t in the mood for anymore nonsense.

“The Violet girl is at the choosing of the roads!”

The look of shock on the goddess’s features wanted to make sure she heard right. The elf nodded and a menacing grin of happiness smothered Eris’s face. “Oh this is too good! Too good!”

~

Leona’s P.O.V.

Being shackled in a dungeon and tortured was not on my list to-do’s when I arrived in Louisiana. I felt even worse for Ava slumped next to me. She’d been beaten, interrogated, and sliced here and there, but she was still alive. Nothing they were doing had made her spill the beans on Violet. Not one drop.

One of the even more worse parts was I couldn’t cast any spells in the basement where they were keeping us. It was if it were magic proof. There was only one way getting in and only one way getting out. That was through the door at the end of the hall and up the stairs.

I tried to think over and over again of what I could do until I thought of astral projection. Sure I couldn’t physically touch anything, but I could tell the others where Ava and I were!

Quickly I tried to look around to see if anyone was coming. So far the coast was clear so I leaned back and sucked in a big lung fool of air. Slowly I let it out and closed my eyes letting myself float through the astral plain until I was back at Fangtasia.

“What the hell!” Max yelled and everyone (Max, Pam, and my coven) looked confused.

“Don’t be alarmed. I astral projected. It comes in handy but I can’t physically tough anything. Hey where is Violet and Eric?” I looked at everyone again and didn’t see them.

Pam was the one to break the eerie silence. Her eyes were red, so I was guessing she had cried. Why though? “She’s in Eric’s office diein’.”