Ch. 34 Ascending

It was show night and I was absolutely in go mode. I had my head set on and radioed Ava who thankfully was being my lights and music girl tonight.

“Ok Ava I’m about to go out,” I smiled and she gave me the clear.

With confidence I walked out onstage and looked out to the audience. The whole place was packed. People of all ages were in the audience and they all clapped and whistled when I came out, especially a tall blonde vampire and his blonde companion sitting next to him in the front row.

“Welcome ladies and gentleman and children of all ages to the dance recital of thee very lovely ladies you are about to see perform for you all. They have worked very hard and can not wait to show you. So without further ado!” I took a bow and the whole theater erupted in claps again as I made my way off stage.

One by one the dances were coming and going. Every song my little dancers nailed and I was ecstatic! It literally could have not have gone any better.

For the last part of the show all of my little dancers came out and took a bow. Then I came out and gave Ava the go to play Blue Suede Shoes (Viva Elvis) by of course Elvis Presley. Instantly all of us started to dance on stage which caused the audience to start moving. It was absolutely amazing!

I saw Eric get that signature grin he gets when he’s about to do something mischievously and hop onto the stage. In seconds we were swing dancing and I was laughing and smiling so hard my gut hurt. Pam even joined in and was dancing with the little girls. For that moment everything was as it should be.

~

The show was over and almost all the dancers were gone except one. Rosy.

“Hey where’s your mommy?” I asked her while walking up to her.

“Miss Violet I’m not sure. She said she needed to go to the bathroom and that she would be right back,” Rosy said and I nodded. I told her to stay right there and went to go look for her mom. I knew Rosy’s mom and she would never leave her alone for this long.

I made my way to the bathroom and smelt copper once I walked in. All of a sudden ever nerve in my body was on end. Something was for sure wrong now, I just knew it.

I took a quick breath and walked in further. The bathroom seemed fine except for a few small drops of red on the tile floor. Blood. I walked forward more and opened up all the stalls and wished I hadn’t opened the last one when I did. Rosy’s mom was bleeding terribly and laying on the floor. I ran to her and put my fingers to her neck to check for a pulse. There was one there but it was faint.

“Oh god!” I breathed and pulled out my cell phone and called 911. After that I told Rosy’s mom to hold on and called Pam. She and Eric came running in. “Pam hold pressure to her neck! She’s bleeding really bad!” Pam did as I said and Eric looked confused and felt the same.

I booked it out of the bathroom and ran for Rosy. Something in me was just screaming something was wrong, and I was right. Eris was not ten feet away from me and holding Rosy’s hand. The little girl had no idea who she was with.

“Eris,” I warned and she just smiled.

Eric was now standing next to me and grabbed my hand.

“Oh isn’t that sweet, the vampire and the demigod. Gee what will I do? I could snap her neck in less than a second, or I could do the same thing I did to her mommy in there,” Eris snickered and indicated towards the bathroom with her free hand.

I just watched as Rosy stood there not knowing what was going on while Eris picked her up in her arms. “Let her go!” I yelled and a sense of hesitation came flooding from Eric.