Two For The Blood (Eric Northman) Ch.17 Aftermath

Sookie had just left and I couldn't help but just stand there silent. She was right, I wasn't her. I had not shared the bond her and Eric had, but I was his soul blood bonded and that still should mean more than anything right? I should have felt warm and content that Eric told her I was the love of his life, but I just felt numb. Sookie threw a pretty good punch, I just had to decide if I was going to swing back.

"Happy birthday to me." I whispered and turned around to face Eric and Pam. I put on a small smile and said, "Cake anyone?"

"Telepathic bitch." Pam growled in disgust and went to behind the bar and pulled out a large square box. Her heals clinked on the floor as she walked back over and I smiled when she opened it.

Inside was a round white cake with red roses made of frosting decorated part of the top and edges. When I looked further I saw it said 'Happy 18th Birthday Violet'. It made me smile and I sniffled back a tear. How could a birthday cake be so beautiful? Maybe I'm just really emotional.

"Thank you Pam. It looks amazing." I grinned and turned my attention to Eric. "Can you eat cake?"

"Can you eat dirt?" He smirked.

"I get it, you're like Edward Cullen." I concluded with a giggle.

"I don't fucking sparkle." Eric glowered sexily at me.

"Maybe not your skin." I hinted and looked away.

I did not see Eric give Pam a look to leave, and before I could blink she was gone.

"Now for my birthday present to you." Eric announced and walked forward. He put his hand back into his pocket and pulled out a small blue box.

I blushed. I knew exactly where that box was from: Tiffany's. I reached my hand out slowly and took the box from Eric's huge hand. He peered down at me as I took a deep breath before opening the box.

"Oh Eric." I breathed in shock. The ring was gorgeous! It was a huge square aquamarine light blue stone with diamonds surounding the outer edges in platinum. It must have been about two carrots worth of stones. "You really-" I tried to protest but Eric shushed me with a gentle kiss.

"Happy birthday my love." He whispered so only he and I could hear and placed another soft kiss on my luscious lips. I closed my eyes and felt Eric take the box from my hands. A seconds later I felt the cool feel of the platinum slip on my right ring finger.

"Thank you." I smiled and looked at the ring again as my hand laid in Eric's hand. The blue of the stone was like his eyes. Sparkling and a blue so crystal I couldn't describe it as anything less than beautiful.

"Now you better have at least a bite of that cake or Pam will throw a fit." Eric joked and my stomach growled causing me to laugh.

"Cake!"

~

Eric's P.O.V.

Violet's birthday had not gone exactly to plan. I didn't anticipate Sookie bursting through the doors a few hours ago and was quite angered by it. I decided that after I dropped Violet off I would go pay a visit to her.

My expression was hard and straightforward as I knocked on Sookie's front door. It swung open and there she stood in nothing but a nightgown that you could easily make out certain body parts through.

"Eric." She said annoyed.

"You and I need to speak." I stated and narrowed my eyes.

"I don't want to talk to you. Go to your precious Violet." She spat and I growled. No one was going to talk about Violet that way and get away with it.

Technically I was still invited into her house. Before she could blink I grabbed the side of her arms. She squeaked and I brought her outside and pinning her to the wall of the house.

"What you did tonight was inexcusable!" I raged.

"Inexcusable?! I love you and now you are with someone else! Some kid!" Sookie screamed at me and slammed her to the wall but not too hard.

"She is my soul mate. I have been alive for a thousand years and never have I ever met anyone like her." I gritted through my teeth and got within an inch of her face.

"You used to say that about me." Sookie whispered and bend her head up trying to reach my lips. I pulled away and my fangs dropped.

"You and I did have a bond Sookie, I do not regret anything I have done with you. Yes I have never me anyone like you and I see you as a friend, but if you do anything to Violet in anyway, I will end you." I stated and emphasized the last part.

A tear rolled down her cheek and I had half a mind to wipe it away but I held my ground. This could not happen again. Violet was more to me that anything in the world and I needed Sookie to understand I was more than dead serious.

"It won't last long. You'll be with me again." Sookie whispered and I growled. With a flick of my wrist I pushed her back and left for home.

Not if I can help it.