f i f t y - f i v e

There was nothing more nerve-racking than having to sneak out of the cabin with his father awake in the room opposite his.

The ravenette took a deep breath, pulled the sleeves of his sweater down over his wrists and slowly turned the door knob.

Creeping down the stairs, his bottom lip between his teeth, Jeongguk's first instinct was to walk out that door and breathe in freedom. His second instinct was to run to his favorite person.

With knuckles against wood, the ravenette knocked hurriedly on the cabin next to his. Apparently he forgot that Taehyung didn't live alone and was stupidly startled by his mother who answered the door.

"Hi, Jeongguk," Ahnjong greeted, opening the entrance wide for the boy, "Come in."

"I'm sorry. Good morning." Jeongguk's cheeks were set ablaze, realizing how incredibly rude it was to barge in without invitation.

But all these thoughts were chased away when Ahnjong's hands found his shoulders.

"Tae told me what happened. He was really upset last night," She said softly, "If you ever need refuge from your father, you can always stay with us, okay?"

Jeongguk's jaw dropped slightly. "Thank you."

Ahnjong gave the boy a quick motherly hug that sent memories of Jeongguk's mother crashing through his mind, before nudging her head towards the stairs.

"He's still in bed."

The brunette was sound asleep when Jeongguk peeked in his room, limbs sticking in all directions. But what really got him smiling was the pillow caged in Taehyung's arms, pressed against his chest.

Taehyung must've heard someone enter, because his eyelids fluttered open and he turned his head away from the wall. "Hm?"

A pretty boy stood by his bedside.

"Jeongguk," The brunette gasped, his entire body jolting into a sitting position.

Without a millisecond of hesitation, Taehyung wrapped his arms around the ravenette's waist and yanked him into bed. The actual thing was much better than the pillow substitute.

"God I was so worried about you, Bambi."

Greedy hands found the ravenette's nape and pulled him closer, burying Jeongguk to his shoulder. The brunette trailed kisses from his ear to his jaw, eliciting giggles from the boy sprawled on top of him.

And suddenly Jeongguk was home again, melting into every touch and vowing never to spend another night away from his Taehyung.

"I'd kiss you on the mouth," Taehyung chuckled, his fingers brushing through the ravenette's hair, "but I haven't brushed my teeth."

"I appreciate the consideration." Jeongguk laughed, propping himself up to get a better look of his boyfriend's face.

The brunette's cheeks were tinted, his features decorated with a box-like smile that managed to reach his eyes. His hair was fluffed up against the mattress like a halo over his head and Jeongguk couldn't help it when he leaned down and whispered.

"My angel..."

He watched Taehyung's entire expression soften at that, stroking the ravenette's cheek with the back of his fingers.

"Last night was so cold without you," Taehyung murmured, "I don't care how cheesy that sounded. It's true."

"Go brush your teeth," Jeongguk told him, rolling off his body, "I'm dying to kiss you."

Jeongguk's grin grew twice as wide when the brunette shot out of bed and raced to the bathroom, obviously dying to do the same.

Then came Seokjin's voice. "Get out!"

A pause.

"I don't care if you wanna kiss your goddamn boyfriend— I am trying to take a shit here!"

Laughter erupted from Jeongguk, rolling about in bed and clutching at his sides.

Not long after, the ravenette was all snuggled up in the sheets, curled up in a ball and eyes closed. This bed was much more comfortable than his own. Maybe because it lingered with memories of warmth and acceptance rather than tears and loneliness.

Suddenly he felt the mattress dip, followed by the hands that gripped his hips and pinned him down on his back.

"Hi there," Taehyung breathed.

Jeongguk smiled, eyes bright. "Hi."

Taehyung eagerly claimed the ravenette's lips and the rest was history.

For some people, however, mornings weren't as lovely.

"Jimin?" Yoongi blinked, surprised.

"Can I come in? I'm trying to avoid my roommate," Jimin said sheepishly.

"Yeah lol, of course," He answered before slapping a hand against his forehead and sighing heavily.

"Six!" Hoseok cried, hands raised in celebration.

"Six what?" The pink-haired boy asked as he entered the room.

"Sixth time this week Yoonie said lol or lmao out loud."

"It just comes out," Yoongi grumbled.

Hoseok laughed, white molars on display until he noticed the troubled look on Jimin's face. "What's wrong?"

"Ah it's—" The boy chewed on the inside of his cheek and grimaced. "I don't want to make a big deal out of it. I really don't. But my roommate..."

"Hey, it's fine," Hoseok said softly, "No judgement here."

Yoongi sat down next to him and leaned on his shoulder, nodding in agreement.

Jimin smiled before looking down and fiddling with his fingers. "My roommate has been driving me nuts lately."

"Yeah mine too." Yoongi nodded.

Hoseok smacked him. "You love me."

"Unfortunately."

Jimin playfully rolled his eyes at their bickering before continuing his story. "He kissed my cheek the other day, which really fucking confused me, and now he's blabbering on about Jeongguk like there's no tomorrow."

"Why Jeongguk?" Yoongi asked with furrowed eyebrows.

That set Jimin's face ablaze, the humiliation setting in. "Cause I like him."

"But Jeongguk is taken now. You think your roommate's jealous of him?"

"Nope. He's acting like he'd die if we don't get together when I've already made it clear that I won't come between Jeongguk and Tae. I'm trying so hard to be his friend, you know. I don't want drama. But God he's so annoying..."

"Ugh."

"Good thing you're having a sleepover with us tonight," Yoongi noted, "I'd suggest you be straight up with him. But if you don't want to, at least you can avoid him."

"Thanks. I appreciate that."

Hoseok got to his feet and happily skipped over to the pink-haired boy, grabbing onto both his hands and swinging them about childishly. "You're spending the day with us instead of your lame ass roommate, understand?"

Jimin smiled gratefully at that. "Understood."

__________

it's 2:30am.
and yes i know i should be sleeping but

i feel so insecure about this story all of a sudden? like what if it's too boring or too much or maybe the characters are unlikable or maybe the plot is too plain or rushed. idk. my brain hurts. writing truly has its ups and downs. why are you reading this, honestly?