s i x t y - f o u r

You were my gravity
Now my world is shattering

gravity
~ atc

⋅⋆∘✯∘⋆⋅

"He might be in the bathroom," Hoseok guessed, "He just said he'd be right back."

Madeline and Yoongi offered similar answers and shrugs.

"I need to talk to him." Taehyung scanned the dining hall but couldn't spot the ravenette.

Yoongi stood. "I can go look for him if you want—"

"No, actually, it's fine," Taehyung ushered him back into his seat and handed each of them ice cream, acknowledging every thank you he got in return with nods, "I'll go."

"Everything alright? You seem tense," Madeline observed.

The others looked worriedly at him, picking up on the same thing.

"Tae?" Yoongi said.

"I'll talk to you guys later," Taehyung decided to say, knowing that his tribulation was far too obvious to deny, "Right now... I just need Jeongguk."

He just needed Jeongguk to kiss him and promise him that everything Carter said was an outright lie.

The bathroom was deserted, and so was the picnic area outside. Not a trace of the ravenette was left behind.

"Looking for him?"

Taehyung groaned, whipping around to face the blonde. "What part of fuck off did you not understand?"

"He went to the boys' dorm," Carter informed him so calmly it annoyed the brunette.

"Why?"

For Jimin, apparently. Because when Taehyung walked into the room behind the blonde, all he saw was his boyfriend's body flush against the pink-haired boy. His jaw went slack.

"Told you," Carter whispered against his ear, before turning around and walking back out the corridor.

Leaving the spark to ignite the fire.

"Bambi?"

Fuck, it hurt to say that nickname to someone who doesn't even feel like his.

It hurt to hear it too, Jeongguk burying his face further into the crook of Jimin's neck.

"What the fuck are you doing?" Taehyung's voice rose in volume, his words strained.

Agitation slipped into Jimin's in return, his hands flying up to cover the ravenette's ears. Protective. "Why are you yelling at him?"

"Why is he in your arms?"

Suddenly realizing Taehyung's misconception, the pink-haired boy removed his arms. "This is not what it looks like—"

"No I think it's exactly what it looks like."

"He came to me because he was upset—"

"Jeongguk." The brunette directed his gaze to the ravenette, anger burning behind the name.

"Tae," Jimin tried again, "You're reading this all wrong. Stop. You're scaring him—"

Taehyung ignored him and took a step forward, wrenching Jeongguk out of his embrace and out the door.

Taehyung had always been gentle, the kind of boyfriend who welcomed hand-holding and soft touches. Not this time. Jeongguk felt tears prick at his eyes by how harshly he was grabbed, how the brunette's fingers dug into his wrists as he yanked the ravenette down the stairs and out the building.