e i g h t

I can't control myself,
don't know who I've been
and who is this monster wearing my skin?

paralyzed
~ atc

⋅⋆∘✯∘⋆⋅

Anger was often times the perfect outlet for Jeongguk. It chased people away and gave him the isolation he needed.

But people never asked why— they never sought out the reason for his anger. And he was simultaneously grateful and disheartened by it.

Anger, pain and sadness— these emotions are so intertwined. Perhaps their names aught to be tweaked to reflect the true origins of those emotions. Right now all you see is anger... when Jeongguk was in pain.

He hurried down the path that led back to his cabin, where he'd get his peace and quiet. But somewhere along the lines he lost his way, unfamiliar with every twist or turn.

Jeongguk let out a frustrated groan, burying his face in his hands. "Fucking hell." His eyes glazed over, the emotions he had been bottling up was overflowing.

Quickly he reached inside his hoodie, hands frantic as he searched for the one thing that can bring him some sense of stability— the shell pendant necklace that hung around his neck.

He closed his eyes, head tilted back as the sunlight warmed his face.

"Hey. I remember you."

Jeongguk looked up hesitantly, not expecting any dialogue to be aimed his way.

"You good?" asked a pink-haired boy as he approached.

Jeongguk frowned. What was his name again?

"Hey." Pinkie said, softer this time, brows drawn together in concern as he stopped in front of him, "You're crying."

"I'm not." Jeongguk interjected, clutching tightly onto pendant as he staggered back. Though the sheen of tears in his eyes said otherwise. "Just—"

He swore his heart dropped to his stomach when Pinkie lunged forward and hugged him, stiff in this unfamiliar embrace.

"Cheer up." The older grinned widely, hand coming up to pat his hair. "Whatever it is, it can't be that bad."

Jeongguk was at a loss for words.

"Wanna come over to the boys' dorm?" Pinkie asked, pulling away, "I got video games I share with my roomie." Seeing the dubiety on the ravenette's face, he added "I'll even let you win if that makes you feel better".

Jeongguk blinked at him slowly, shyness resurfacing. "Really?"

"Why not?" Pinkie smiled, taking Jeongguk's hand and dragging him back the way he came from. "C'mon~" He singsonged, "And in case you didn't know, it's Jimin."

"Jimin." Jeongguk repeated, tasting the name on his tongue.

The ravenette quickly came to the realization that Jimin was a social butterfly. Almost everyone they passed by said hello, and he would respond with an equal amount of enthusiasm. He swore they stopped at least five times for Jimin to give out hugs. But he always came back to the ravenette to slip his hand into his, and the gesture it set Jeongguk's face ablaze. Affection was not something he'd dealt with on a regular basis.

They took the blue-carpeted stairs up into a corridor lined with wooden doors. It smelled faintly like laundry detergent. Every door had two hand-crafted name tags (that shaped like Groot in a pot) stuck to it, indicating who was occupying the room.

Jeongguk peeked at the name tags. Jimin and Caoh fuck.

The door swung opened just as Jimin was about to reach for the knob.

"You're finally up." Jimin laughed at his roommate, his mind at ease, unlike Jeongguk's.

"I've been up." He answered defensively, "I'm heading to the dining hall..." The blonde trailed off when his eyes settled on Jeongguk.

Jimin was quick with introductions. "This is Carter. My good ol' roommate for the summer. Carter, this is—"

"Fancy seeing you here, Jeon." Carter cut off with a hint of a smirk that Jeongguk would love to smack off his face. "I'll catch y'all later."

Jeongguk stumbled back when Carter deliberately shoved past his shoulder, knowing too well that that was a warning.

The ravenette exhaled.

Things just keeps getting better, huh?

"You two know each other?" Jimin asked as the echo of Carter's footsteps disappeared.

"School." Jeongguk said quietly.

"That's great. Now you have two friends at least." Jimin cheered as they ventured into his room, oblivious.

Right.

Friends.

The ravenette decided not to dwell on it, instead taking in the dorm room. There was a bunk bed tucked into a corner and a built-in closet next to the small bathroom. Not too shabby for what's supposed to be a camping facility.

"Guess what."

Jeongguk arched an eyebrow at Pinkie.

"There's a hedgehog across the hallway." Jimin told him, "He's one of the counselor's. His name is Dave." He pouted when Jeongguk gave no reaction. "C'mon, Jeongguk. Does Dave the hedgehog not make you want to smile?"

Jeongguk didn't really know the answer to that question. Maybe it did make him want to smile, but concealing his emotions had become a second nature to him.

"Change of plans." Jimin announced, giddy, "We're gonna go pay Dave a visit."

Jeongguk was immediately pulled out of the room.

__________

i know y'all are probs thinking... what's up with all this jikook shit?
patience my darlings ;)

also meet Dave

i wish i took better photos of him when we hung out he's adorable tho he fits perfectly inside my palm comment to say hi lmao

he's adorable tho
he fits perfectly inside my palm
comment to say hi lmao