s e v e n t y - f o u r

I'm not afraid, I can face my demons
Even if they tear me down
If I fall, let me fall, it might take time
But I'll find my own way out

paralyzed
~ atc

⋅⋆∘✯∘⋆⋅

When Taehyung woke up, he wasn't surprised to see Jeongguk in the hospital bed with him, arms wrapped lazily around his waist. They figured it was okay for the ravenette to cuddle him as long as he didn't crush his windpipe or alter his airflow.

His stomach grumbled.

Miraculously, Jeongguk stayed sound asleep, lips naturally pouting, and Taehyung planted a delicate kiss on his forehead before rolling onto his back.

His head hurt, overwhelmed by the information his dream provided him. And frankly— he was kinda mad. Why didn't the universe choose to tell him these things earlier? Why now?

The brunette turned his head to look at Jeongguk, re-evaluating him.

No, that dream didn't change the way he viewed the ravenette. He was still his brave, considerate, kind Bambi. Nothing will change the way he felt about Jeongguk.

But he still felt betrayal on Carter's behalf. He hated his guts, but he also couldn't imagine how it would feel if Jeongguk turned his back on him so quickly. Rejected their relationship and humiliated him like that.

Taehyung took a deep breath, throat burning as he propped himself up on an elbow. He reached out the stroked his boyfriend's cheek until Jeongguk hummed and stirred from sleep.

The truth was that we could be heroes in some people's stories, and villains in others. Jeongguk was a hero in Taehyung's story. He was a villain in Carter's.

God, they had a lot to discuss.

"Morning," Jeongguk mumbled, stretching his limbs.

"It's almost twelve." Taehyung's voice was hoarse, still recovering.

"Ah"—He cut himself off with a cute yawn— "really? Hospital beds are more comfortable than I thought."

A chuckle sounded from the back of Taehyung's throat. "Bambi," He cooed, nosing his forehead, "Can you get the nurse? I don't feel so good and I wanna get the blood test over with."

Jeongguk sat up, hovering over the brunette in concern. "What doesn't feel good?"

"My head is pounding," Taehyung replied, eyes closed.

"Did they sedate you or something?"

"No. But then again I don't really remember what they did to me. And the dream I had is also messing with my brain." Taehyung's hand brushed over the ravenette's thigh. "Can you please go?"

"Yeah, okay." Jeongguk's squeezed his hand. "I'll be back."

The ravenette quickly pushed himself off the bed and scurried out the room, blinking in surprise when he saw his father and Ahnjong sitting together and speaking.

"D-dad?" He stammered.

"You guys are awake?" Ahnjong asked.

"Yeah uh, Tae isn't feeling that well so I was about to fetch a nurse or..."

Ahnjong got to her feet. "I'll go find someone," She announced, leaving Jeongguk with his father.

The ravenette stared at Junseo with big eyes, searching for the right words to say, but his father beat him to it.