f o r t y - f i v e

Sexually... assaulted...?

Taehyung pushed the door open, jaw tense. His body went even more rigid when he saw the way Jeongguk sat on the couch, hugging his knees to his chest with eyes glazed over.

"Bambi?" Worry clouded the brunette's mind as he plopped down into the space next to Jeongguk.

The ravenette didn't hesitate to tackle Taehyung into a hug, pressing his face into his chest.

Taehyung looked at Hoseok. "What did I miss?"

"He started blabbering on about the dreams as soon as we got here," Hoseok explained, looking uncharacteristically solemn as he reached out and petted the ravenette's hair. "Got a little emotional about it."

"Jeongguk, baby." The brunette peered down at the boy. "I'm sorry. Was it really bad?"

A sniffle, followed by a small nod.

"Do you want me to tell Tae about it?" Hoseok asked softly, "So you don't have to repeat all that?"

Another nod.

Taehyung pulled Jeongguk closer, till half his body was situated on his lap, and the ravenette naturally hid his face in his neck.

"Okay." Hoseok's hand left Jeongguk's hair as he turned to the brunette. "Before anything— I just don't want you to freak out. Dreams are really complicated and can mean so many different things, whether metaphorically or literally. There's no easy way to decipher them."

"I heard Jeongguk say something about sexual assault when I came in," Taehyung revealed, deciding to cut to the chase. He felt his boyfriend hug him a little tighter upon hearing those words.

Hoseok's lips pressed into a thin line. "Jeongguk had a dream of you being molested... by an older man."

Taehyung would've gagged if it wasn't for the shock in his system. "What?"

"It was in a bedroom. You were really young. There was knocking, and apparently Seokjin was on the other side of the door."

"Jin?" The brunette frowned. Once again, Jeongguk held him a little tighter, like he was afraid Taehyung would fall apart.

"He's been having that dream for quite some time now. It's just been adding up."

Jeongguk finally lifted his head to face Taehyung with troubled eyes. "Not just that," He mumbled, "You— you were also thanking him. You said s-something like thank you for choosing me. And you wouldn't let Jin through the door."

"Thanking him—" Taehyung repeated in disbelief.

Hoseok eyed him. "Tae... have you ever been assaulted?"

"No." His answer was firm. "I promise you I haven't." Taehyung's frown grew deeper. "What does it mean then?"

"Tae." Hoseok crossed his legs. "Can I give you a... definition for soulmate dreaming?"

"Sure."

"When you're close enough to your soulmate, you start dreaming about them— more specifically their innermost thoughts, hopes and subconscious fears. Past, present, future," He elucidated, "What I mean is— sometimes it's about something we're completely unaware of. I'm not saying you could've been molested... but I'm also not saying it's impossible."

Taehyung grimaced. "But..."

"Think of it this way— your dreams isn't about what your soulmate wants to tell you. It's about what the universe wants to tell you. It's not like we chose to be paired up. Soulmates are made to protect each other; Dreams are made to help rediscover ourselves. This is why I always believe things happen for a reason."