s i x t y - t w o

Taehyung awoke when he felt arms wrap around his torso and squeeze tight. He lifted his head. "Jeongguk?" He rasped.

The ravenette had buried himself in his boyfriend's chest, the expression on his face was apologetic.

"What's wrong, Bambi?"

Jeongguk shifted upward and cupped the brunette's cheeks. It was still dark, but he saw the way confusion decorated Taehyung's features.

"I love you," Jeongguk told him, "You know that, right?"

"Of course," The brunette answered immediately, "Why so sudden? You're acting like you committed a crime or something." A chuckle, then a pause. "You dreamt about something, didn't you?"

The boy nodded. "You still think you're not good enough for me?"

Taehyung stilled then let out a heavy sigh. "I'm sorry. I want to believe you. I know you mean it. It's just..."

"Hard," Jeongguk finished for him, "I know." He frowned— not because he was disappointed in Taehyung, but because he didn't know how to convince him otherwise.

The brunette craned forward and kissed him sweetly on the lips. "It's okay. Go back to sleep, Bambi. If you don't get enough rest I'm gonna be carrying sleepy Jeongguk on my back the entire day— again."

The ravenette slapped on lightly on the chest, rolling his eyes. "You like it when I let you piggyback ride me."

Taehyung's smile was enough to confirm that statement and Jeongguk was about to roll back to his side of the bed when the brunette's hands seized his waist.

"Stay," Taehyung mumbled, "It's nice when you're close to me."

The ravenette smiled, resting his head under Taehyung's chin and letting his warmth engulf him like a blanket.

The morning was a breeze. They sped through their washing up routines, left the cabin, slipping under Junseo's radar and racing each other to the dining hall.

Everyone was there except Jimin, and Taehyung hated the part of himself that felt relieved. His insecurities were clouding his judgment.

Jeongguk had his head against his boyfriend's shoulder, laughing at every terrible joke Hoseok made and every second of bickering between Yoongi and Madeline.

Taehyung, however, had his attention elsewhere when a familiar-looking blonde entered through the doors.

A spoonful of mashed potatoes poked against his lips.

"Earth to Tae~" Jeongguk sang, "Whatchu staring at?"

Before the ravenette could turn in the direction he was looking at, Taehyung gripped his jaw and kissed him. Phew.

"Nothing, Bambi."

"What are y'all up to later?" Madeline asked, taking another bite of her tuna sandwich.

"Children's center," Taehyung replied, "It's been a while since I helped because someone's been occupying my time."

There was fondness in the way Jeongguk grinned at him, nose scrunching up cutely.

"I'm too full to go anywhere," Yoongi complained.

Taehyung's gaze went past him and met Carter's, who was staring at him dead-on. The blonde nudged his head to the door. Taehyung's brows furrowed.

Now? It's not even lunch yet.

Carter gave him another pointed look.

"Do anyone of y'all want ice cream?" Taehyung said as he watched the blonde exit, "I might run to the gift shop to buy some."