s i x t y - f i v e

It's always the people we hold closest to our hearts that have the most power to tear the whole thing to fucking shreds.

Taehyung and Jeongguk were familiar with each other's wounds— each other's most vulnerable spots. And they went for it. They took advantage of it and inflicted hurt onto each other in the heat of the moment.

And now they were feeling the consequences.

Jeongguk had nowhere to go. He had deemed Taehyung his home. And now he had nothing. So he stood there for a good fifteen minutes before his limbs willed to move.

Taehyung returned to his empty cabin and hauled himself up to his room.

"Shit."

The brunette's eyes locked onto his bed— his bed that lingered with far too many memories to handle.

He backed away from it until his back hit the door and he slid down. Taehyung pulled his legs up and hugged his knees to his chest, fresh tears thick on lower lashes.

That just happened. Fuck.

He just fought with his Jeongguk.

The look on Jeongguk's face was tattooed into his brain, the needle pushed way beneath the skin and doing more damage than expected.

At the corner of his eyes, Taehyung saw a clipboard resting on top of his backpack and his heart jittered in recognition.

With stiff movements, the brunette reached for it, balanced it on his lap, looked down at the handwriting he secretly adored, and read the first few lines.

Hi, it's snowflake
Also known as Bambi though. Cause my new boyfriend calls me that. Which is like so stupid but so cute coming from him. And it's my favorite thing in the world now.

His eyes welled with tears, clouding Taehyung's sight and he scanned the letter. Only bits of the writing registered in his muddled brain.

His name is Tae. Taehyung. Remember when you said that I'd have a hard time committing and trusting someone? And I wholeheartedly agreed? Tae is different. He's...

Taehyung blinked to properly read the next words purposely bolded with several layers of ink.

He's not like other girls.

The brunette choked on a laugh, his lips twitching up into a helpless smile because of course Jeongguk's a dork.

See what I did there? Yeah you shouldn't have let me watch all those Disney shows. Sharpay deserved better.

Taehyung grinned as he wiped his tears with the back of a hand. It was the kind of temporary happiness that left a burn in its wake.

Anyway, I'm in his room. I've been sleeping at his cabin because dad has been difficult. And I didn't tell Tae this, but I'm scared of what happens after camp is over. Cause he'll be far away and I'll be stuck with dad. And dad hasn't been himself lately. Not without you.

Tae just came in and touched my cheek. His fingers are warm. He's always really warm. Warm enough to snuggle.

Taehyung inhaled shakily, feeling coldness in his bones.

His smile reaches his eyes and if he tries to suppress it, his cheeks rise and he blinks like a confused pup. He likes nosing my hair in his sleep and hooking an arm around my waist when he's protective. His hands are large and I like how they engulf mine, but that would be embarrassing to say.

Taehyung looked at his hands, turning them over and not realizing how significant they were to the ravenette.

He likes cracking religious jokes at the worst possible times, but he's also a sap. He's a big softie. He likes his metaphors and he likes giving life advice he doesn't follow himself.