n i n e t e e n

you left me out there
with no one but myself
in an open field
for lightning to strike me down

gravity
~ atc

⋅⋆∘✯∘⋆⋅

"Yeah I think omens are real."

Madeline leaped out of her seat, just as expected. "Hey Yoons, I think I prefer your new roommate over you."

"You prefer anyone over me." Yoongi retorted.

Hoseok laughed, showing off perfect rows of teeth. "You don't believe in portents, Yoongi? Soulmates? None of that?"

"No."

The group had somehow ended up in the Husch common room, letting Mulan play in the background of their conversation. Hoseok was introduced after moving in with Yoongi.

Jeongguk was squished between Jimin and Taehyung on one of the couches, Taehyung's head resting comfortably on his shoulder. The ravenette smiled. It felt nice.

"There's no proof that any of those things are real." Yoongi pointed out.

Hoseok gestured towards himself. "I'm proof."

"Lmao okay."

"I was one half of a soulmate pair."

Madeline grabbed his arm. "Wait are you serious?" She began shaking him violently. "Tell me more."

"Are we gonna ignore the fact that Yoongi just said lmao out loud?" Taehyung said, narrowing his eyes at the convict.

"I'm sorry! It just slipped out."

Jeongguk laughed behind his sweater paw.

"Okay, you shitheads. Here you go." Seokjin announced as he walked dramatically through the door, placing the tray down on the coffee table. "I don't care if I got your order wrong. I paid for this shit so you better drink it."

Everyone started reaching for their cold beverages, chanting thank yous.

"God, I needed this." Jimin rejoiced, "I swear it's getting hotter and hotter."

"My mom mentioned that we might have to do fire drills." Taehyung notified everyone, sitting up straight to consume his Mountain Dew Slurpee, "We had a red flag warning this morning."

"Jeongguk." Jimin tapped on the ravenette's shoulder. "Cherry?"

"Thank you." Jeongguk bowed his head a little as he was handed the tall, red colored drink.

Jimin watched him as he took his first sip, eyes widening at the sweetness. "You're cute." He laughed, lifting a hand to pinch the ravenette's cheek.

Scarlet graced the tips of Jeongguk's ears as he ducked his head down, refusing to acknowledge the compliment. Meanwhile, Taehyung fell back against the couch, suddenly not in the mood to lean against the ravenette's shoulder anymore.

"Hobi." Yoongi spoke as he raised his coke Slurpee in Seokjin's direction. "That's Seokjin. He's old enough to be allowed to drive off camp grounds so we abuse his privileges and make him go downtown to buy us stuff."

"Nice to meet you." Hoseok stood, arms welcoming a hug.

Seokjin looked at him meekly, stuffing his hands in his pockets. "Sorry. I don't do hugs. It's nice to meet you too, though."

"He doesn't like when people touch him." Taehyung grinned before eyeballing Yoongi. "Lol." He added to tease him.

Yoongi slapped a hand against his forehead and groaned.

"Well I'll leave you dweebs alone." Seokjin said.

"Where're you going?" Madeline asked.

"To hang out with his friends. Apparently we're not cool enough for him." Taehyung answered for his brother. "Love you!" He called.

"Love you too, Tae." Seokjin yelled back, "Take the tray back to the dining hall later!"

"Why don't you?"

"Bitch I drove out ten minutes to bring half a dozen drinks back. You can walk thirty seconds to the dining hall to return a plastic tray."

That earned a few laughs and chuckles around the room as Seokjin made his grand exit, Hoseok plopping back into his seat.

"Hey don't worry." Jimin grinned at Hoseok, eyes squinting into happy half-moons, "I'm a hugger too."

Taehyung had tried to shake off the odd feeling he got earlier, but felt himself tense again when Jimin turned towards Jeongguk, radiating that charm of his that always swept people off their feet.

"Ain't that right, Ggukie?"

Taehyung swallowed harshly. I called him that first— with all those other nicknames—

Jeongguk let out a squeak as Jimin threw his arms around him and pulled half his body onto his lap. Hoseok began laughing, surveying around for his own victim.

"Don't you dare—" Yoongi cut himself off when he was embraced by Hoseok. "Stop." He whined.

Jeongguk giggled, his frame locked inside Jimin's arms. And he felt okay until he saw Taehyung get up with a somber expression on his face.

"I'm gonna go get some air." The brunette mumbled, picking up his bag and heading towards the balcony.

I'm gonna go get some air was the worst excuse, but he couldn't think straight enough to come up with something better.

"Taehyung?" Jeongguk questioned, worry pooling into the pit of his stomach.

"You're not gonna take your drink with you?" Madeline asked.

But Taehyung just shook his head and excluded himself without looking back. The group quieted down, sensing a shift in the mood.

"Something's wrong." Yoongi and Madeline said simultaneously.

Jeongguk wiggled himself out of Jimin's hold "I want to talk to him." He found himself saying.

__________

double update because i won't be updating till the end of this week
why? school hates me :D

after today, i might be offline for a couple days to concentrate on schoolwork

but again, don't you worry, i won't be giving up on this book. i'm so excited for what's to come. and to hear Will's theories hahaha.

especially after now we know hoseok is familiar with soulmates. maybe he'll enlighten tae and kook a bit. who knows?

oh also
this is me and my friends in the common room
it's nothing special tbh LOL but i think it would be cool to let you know that it's very much based on real places/experiences

oh alsothis is me and my friends in the common room it's nothing special tbh LOL but i think it would be cool to let you know that it's very much based on real places/experiences

thank you for the engagement lately. for all the love. it makes me smile so much. you have no idea. love you, as always.

- hay