t h i r t y - f o u r

Jeongguk woke up to soft sheets and a faint tingle under his chin. He peered down and saw the way Taehyung was hugging his body, his head buried in the crook of the ravenette's neck, hair brushing ticklishly against his skin.

He smiled, a reaction that had become so weirdly natural to him when Taehyung was around.

Suddenly, the brunette stirred, humming a soft note of tiredness, eyes still closed. Jeongguk quickly pretended to be asleep, not wanting to be caught staring.

What a coincidence it was— that they awoke at the same time...

Jeongguk felt Taehyung shift around, expecting him to let go of him, but instead the brunette tightened his embrace, their limbs entangling until his movements stilled once again. He had fallen back into slumber.

The ravenette opened one eye, then the other, feeling half of Taehyung's weight on himself. He didn't expect the brunette to be so clingy, noting how his face was angled up, forehead just an inch away from Jeongguk's mouth.

The ravenette wondered how it would feel like... if he leaned forward just a fraction more, and planted a ghostlike kiss on Taehyung's forehead...

Sunlight shone through the closed window, painting squares of golden that stretched slanted across the bedroom floor in a wonderful shimmer.

Taehyung's features looked as if they were dipped in honey, the light outlining rhomboids under his closed eyes like pretty diamonds.

But all his thoughts scattered when he noticed something.

The mole right under the tip of the brunette's nose.

Suddenly Jeongguk's heart slammed against his ribcage, the memories from his dream came crashing back like an opened floodgate.

His sudden movement of shock jolted Taehyung from his sleep. The boy raised his head, mumbling. "Hmm. Good morning, Bambi." He glanced down at the chest he was sprawled on top of and his lips parted in an apology. "Fuck, sorry. Was I crushing you half the night?"

After a few rapid blinks, his eyes still strained on that one detail on the brunette's face, Jeongguk managed to respond. "It— It's okay."

Taehyung rolled off the boy and rubbed his eyes. "I hug things in my sleep. Sorry." He looked up at Jeongguk with a tired smile that soon morphed into a frown. "You okay? You look spooked."

"Why— why do you have a mole at..." Jeongguk reached forward and bopped his nose.

The brunette made a face at him, amused. "That's an odd question to ask so early in the morning, Jeongguk. It's not like I chose to have it." He answered airily, "Should I go through the scriptures of how God created men? Maybe there's something about moles in there—"

"Stop with your religious jokes." The ravenette smacked him on the shoulder, the skin near his eyes crinkling as he grinned at Taehyung.

He shook off his nerves, discarding unsettling thoughts.

It was just a dream. Just a coincidence.

"Where is everybody?" Jeongguk asked, peering down at the empty sleeping bags on the floor.

"I guess we slept in." The brunette shrugged. His eyes flickered down to Jeongguk's lips, visions from his dream swarming back at him. "They're probably eating downstairs. And Seokjin is probably threatening everyone not to touch his cereal box."

The ravenette was busy maneuvering his way around the mess of blankets and sleeping bags towards the door, desperate to use the bathroom. "I'm gonna go back to my cabin and change."