t h i r t y - t w o

T A E H Y U N G

The ravenette's shoulders shook with every sob that raked through his body, still kneeled at the edge of the shore. The pain that flowed from him was as palpable as the frigid waters.

Hearts don't snap like brittle chocolate or burst like an overfilled water balloon. A heart breaks in the heaving waves of a new disturbing reality that has arrived without invitation nor permission.

Taehyung took an unsteady step forward, gasping when he realized he could move in Jeongguk's dream.

What was this? A sign that Jeongguk had finally let him in? Allowed him the freedom to roam his mind and study his thoughts?

Taehyung wasn't even aware that he could think logically within a universe like this.

"Tae."

His head jerked up at once, only catching a glimpse of the boy because he had leaped into his arms, legs wrapping snugly around his waist. Taehyung gripped onto his thighs on instinct, trying to steady the ravenette.

Taehyung's jaw dropped a second later, registering the fact that not only can he move... he could also touch him.

"Jeongguk?"

The boy leaned back, a broad smile gracing his lips despite the moisture pooling at his eyes. It was like he flipped a switch and became... well, happy. Oddly happy.

"Taehyung." He replied, pressing their foreheads together.

And he could hear him.

"You can see me?"

The boy in his arms laughed. "Why wouldn't I?"

Right. Okay. Weird. Taehyung nodded to himself. Dreaming Jeongguk doesn't realize he's dreaming.

"I missed you." The ravenette gushed, this version of him juxtaposing his usual closed-off demeanor. "I missed you so much." He emphasized, prompting confusion from the other.

"What about your mother?"

"My mother?"

The brunette frowned, reaching out to grab at Jeongguk's wrist.

Nothing. No scars.

What?

Taehyung didn't know what went through his mind when his next question slipped out impulsively. "Are you happy?" He asked him.

The ravenette's smile brightened. "I can't be happier." He declared, twirling a strand of Taehyung's hair around his finger. "Because of you."

Taehyung give him a look. "You're acting so strange."

"You are my sky, Tae."

"Where did all this sappiness come from?—"

His breath caught in his throat when Jeongguk dipped his head down and ghosted his lips over his, hands clutching onto his shoulders.

"J-Jeongguk?" Taehyung whispered.

"Kiss me?"

But Taehyung was given no time to initiate any move before they were both enveloped in darkness.

__________

i'm curious to know if y'all think this was a good or bad dream ——>

it feels a little off, huh?
i wrote this and even i don't know 💀

next chapter will be out tomorrow
incoming: kook's nightmare