t w e n t y - t h r e e

Taehyung woke up with his insides twisted into knots. He staggered out of bed, hand over his abdomen, nauseous and liable to vomit at the slightest provocation.

His heavy stumble of footsteps to the bathroom must've alerted his brother, whose room was next to his, because Seokjin appeared behind him as he emptied the contents of stomach into the toilet bowl.

"Tae?" Seokjin spoke in alarm.

This continued for a good thirty seconds, until Taehyung was dry-heaving, eyes watery and Seokjin stroking his back.

"God, what did you eat last night?" His brother asked, "Stay here. I'll get you water."

Taehyung could barely concentrate, mind swarmed with questions and concerns that wasn't about him. He sat down on the floor, trying desperately to shove the image of Jeongguk out of his head.

Seokjin reappeared with a bottle of water. "Drink it slowly. Understand?"

Taehyung nodded, tipping his head back for a sip as Seokjin reached for the handle for flushing.

"You okay?" Seokjin joined him on the floor, wrapping an arm around his younger brother's shoulder and nuzzling at his temple.

"Yeah." Taehyung replied, breathless. "Glad I got that out of my system." It must've been the shock that caused his body to react this way. "I'm okay."

The corners of Seokjin's lips drooped down into a disapproving frown. "I don't know what you had for dinner last night. But you should stay in if you're not feeling well."

"No." Taehyung shook his head, already pushing himself up. "No I— I have to go talk to Jeongguk."

"What? Why? About what?"

"I— I don't know."

All he knew was that if his dreams meant something... so real... like last time, he needed to see the ravenette.

"Hey— hey, breathe with me. Everything's okay." Seokjin consoled, seeing the panic that engulfed Taehyung.

The younger buried his face in Seokjin's neck. "I had a dream. I think I threw up because of it."

"About?"

"About Jeongguk."

"Was it that bad?"

"Mhm."

Clearly Taehyung didn't want to go into detail, so Seokjin dropped the topic.

"Drink water for the rest of the day, okay? And avoid greasy food. I'll text mom later. If you're still feeling unwell, I'll take you to the nurse."

"I'm okay now." Taehyung answered.

Seokjin pressed the back of his hand against Taehyung's forehead, as if a fever could have any relation to this.

"I'm okay." Taehyung assured him again, swatting his arm away. "I need to see Jeongguk."

"Uh huh. Sure." Seokjin cleared just throat. "Good morning, Jeongguk. I hope you slept well. Anyway, I just came to inform you that I threw my intestines up after dreaming about you. Isn't that a little insulting?"

Taehyung snorted with a bit of laughter. His brother always had a way to lightening up any situation, whether purposefully or not.

"You can go find him if you need to." Seokjin grinned, "As long as you feel okay."

"Thank you. You look out for me too much."

"I do. You owe me my stolen snacks back." His older brother's bangs swept across his forehead as he shook his head, expressing playful disappointment.

Taehyung was quick to change, shoving his feet into sneakers as he wrapped his hand around the door knob. "Bye! Love you."

It was something out of habit now. You don't leave without telling your brother you loved him. He wouldn't leave without telling you he loved you.

It gave Taehyung a moment to breathe.

Everything's okay. Your brother loves you.

"Love you too— Don't run if your stomach is upset, you idiot!"

"Sorry!" Taehyung slowed down to a moderate pace, but his body was frantic, hands jittery as he knocked on Jeongguk's cabin door.

Somehow his mind forgot to comprehend the fact that Jeongguk did not live alone.

"Hi, kid. You need something?" Judging by the look on Junseo's face, he wasn't expecting any visitors.

"G-good morning, sir." Taehyung winced a little. "Um, I was wondering if I can talk to Jeongguk?"

"He's not here."

"He's not?"

"He usually leaves before I wake up. I dunno where he went."

Taehyung performed a little oh with his lips. "Okay... well, uh, thanks. I'll go looking for him then." But just as he was about to turn away, and just as Junseo was about to close the door— "Wait." Taehyung felt his hands clench into fists at his sides. "Don't you— don't you worry about your son's whereabouts, his safety?"

Junseo lifted an eyebrow at the boy. "Of course I do."

Taehyung didn't know what to make of that, so he muttered a thanks and decided that he disliked the man's presence, stepping away. He took the path to the dining hall, in hopes that he'll find Jeongguk there. Perhaps he found company with their friends.

His assumption was partially right.

"Yeah he was here." Yoongi confirmed, chomping away at his breakfast burrito, "That was the first time he walked up to us without having you pulling him over. He sat with us for a while. I guess he likes us now."

"Come sit with us." Madeline butted in, pulling out the chair next to her, "Hobi was just about to talk about his soulmate dream experiences." She told him, doing quotation marks with her fingers.

"No I have to look for Jeon—" Taehyung's brain short-circuited. "Wait, his what?"

"Yeah I know I know. It sounds crazy." Hoseok shrugged with a lazy smile, forked stabbed into half a sausage. "But yes. I had a soulmate. And one day we just started exchanging dreams. That's how we knew— Why are you looking at me like that?"

"You— you started exchanging dreams." Taehyung emphasized in disbelief, giving Hoseok the side eye. He practically dived into his seat, eager to know more.

"And now he's interested in us." Yoongi tutted. Madeline laughed.

Taehyung hushed them. "Go on, Hobi."

__________

genuine question: do yall want sope in this book? just a little? just a pinch?