f i f t y

In all honesty, Taehyung would've much rather Jeongguk had stayed with him. But they both agreed this was a conversation that needed to happen between just him and his brother.

"You'll be okay, angel," Jeongguk had told him lightly, "I'll be at the dining hall with Maddie but I'm just one text away, okay? I'm not abandoning you."

"Last one, please." Taehyung pouted, hands straying from the ravenette's arms to his hips.

Jeongguk scoffed, but Taehyung could feel him smiling through the kiss he pressed against his lips.

"Now go before we get carried away again," The ravenette chortled, giving Taehyung's chest a gentle push.

"Can we get carried away later, Bambi?" The brunette asked, a sly grin plastered on his face.

"No. Go. Bye."

Taehyung looked down at his feet and chuckled just thinking about the pretty ravenette. It was like the thought of him lessened the weight on his shoulders, but he couldn't ignore the heavy silence that decorated the walls of the cabin when he entered.

His eyes trailed up the stairs and settled upon his mother standing outside a locked door. She descended quietly down to greet her son.

"Mom," Taehyung said with furrowed eyebrows, "I'm sorry—"

"It's okay. You're forgiven." Ahnjong pulled him into her embrace and rubbed his back. "It was a lot for all of us, I know, But please, talk to your brother. He tried very hard to keep you happy despite having so much to hide."

Taehyung gulped, nodding before making up to Seokjin's room.

It was a strange feeling to have any type of tension between him and his brother. They weren't the type to argue— and even if they argued, it would be topics of stuffed animals, wallpaper and memes, not sexual assault.

"Jin." Taehyung knocked softly on his bedroom door. "It's Tae."

A few seconds passed and the brunette was beginning to think that he spoke too quietly for his brother to hear until the door unlocked with a click.

Taehyung pushed it open enough to slip through and found himself facing a puffy-eyed Seokjin standing awkwardly in the middle of his room. And while it was not the first time he saw his brother like this, the fact that he was the cause of those tears sent remorse jolting through his body.

"I'm sorry."

Seokjin just nodded, lips pursed like he was unable to choke out any coherent words.

"I shouldn't have yelled," Taehyung carried on, "I should've tried to understand instead of accusing you of things."

His brother nodded again, stiffly.

"I just couldn't believe— you— you were—" His voice cracked.

Taehyung didn't plan on crying. He really didn't. But this sudden realization that his brother's body was violated in such a way, by his own father, just stabbed him in the chest. And this conversation felt like he was pulling the dagger out and letting it bleed into their relationship.

Seokjin shook his head rapidly. At what? Taehyung couldn't tell.

But the instant his brother held his arms out for a hug, Taehyung went and collapsed against him.

"I shouldn't have shouted either," Seokjin mumbled against his shoulder, "I'm sorry."

"No, it's okay."

The older drew in a breath before motioning towards the bed. "I don't mind talking about it if you want to listen."

Taehyung obeyed, taking a seat on the edge of the mattress and pulling his feet up to sit crossed-legged. "Do you want to talk about it? I'm not forcing you."