s i x t y - t h r e e

Shock curled its fingers around the hands of the clock and robbed its right to move. Time stammered around the same few seconds Jeongguk spent staring into the gift shop window.

"I'll be back," He had told the group.

He thought it would be funny to spy on Taehyung and get him something delicious while he's at it.

This was far from funny.

This couldn't be any less funny, seeing his boyfriend and his ex in that shop together— talking to each other in hushed tones.

"Tae?" Jeongguk uttered in disbelief, peeking through the blinds.

No, this can't be real.

Panic and disbelief consumed him when Carter leaned in very close to his boyfriend, close enough to be suggestive and Jeongguk's stomach lurched at the sight of Taehyung just letting it happen.

What the fuck.

The ravenette darted behind a nearby bench when the pair exited and parted ways, Taehyung carrying the treats he offered to buy everyone.

He... he didn't mention this.

Jeongguk's eyes went to Carter, directing all the hatred he had stored in his being at his former lover. How dare he get involved with his boyfriend.

How dare—

The ravenette was a stranger to the sudden adrenaline that caused him to spring from his hiding spot, quickly brushing off the dirt of his hands on his jeans.

You can confront him. C'mon, Jeongguk. No time to be a crybaby. Go on.

His legs moved automatically, gaining speed on the blonde and shouting. "Carter!"

The said boy turned around, took one look at him, and broke into a sprint. The next few minutes turned into a frenzy of footsteps, and Jeongguk wished he stayed on the swim team longer and kept his stamina up. It was no use— Carter had trained way longer as a football player.

Jeongguk stumbled to a halt when the blonde disappeared out of view, losing the chase. He leaned forward to plant his hands on his knees as he panted.

You little—

He had two choices now: go back to his friends, back to Taehyung... who lied, or continue pursuing his ex-boyfriend.

Jeongguk stood still in the middle of the path, hands curling into fists when the weight of what he witnessed finally crushed him.

Maybe they bumped into each other— No. They were talking as they walked out the door. Maybe it was just a casual conversation— between his formal and current boyfriend? It was planned. It had to be planned.

Did Taehyung even know who Carter was? Did he just willingly go behind his back? Did he think a simple bag of yogurt pretzels would fix this?

But Carter loved Jimin? Did he not? He couldn't be after Taehyung, right? Was this all a game to him?

Jeongguk swore under his breath, his brain overloading with assumptions and connections he couldn't make sense of.

And Tae—

His mind went temporarily blank, focusing solely on the thought of his Taehyung and that was when his eyes glossed over.

Jeongguk bit his lip. Hard.

Suck it up. No use crying now.

Lost with no sense of direction, the ravenette stood stiff until he realized— he knew exactly where Carter's room was. He stormed to the boys' dorm, filled to the brim with a determination to yell and scream at his ex.

Through the door. Down the hall. Stairs. Stairs. More stairs. Down the corridor. Rooms. Room numbers. Knuckles against the wood.

Jeongguk's throat was dry but it burned with venom. He was gonna— for the first time— fight back at Carter. He'll keep him away from what was his. He'll be brave— braver than he's ever been and he will fucking threaten him— that's right. As soon as this door opens—

"Ggukie?" Jimin said sleepily, hand on the knob.

Oh.

Instantly Jeongguk's pent up rage went down the drain, faltering into misery. And he just— crumbled, his emotions unleashing themselves.

Jimin's eyes widened. "Woah, hey," He gasped as the boy in front of him sobbed into his palms, "Jeongguk?"

The pink-haired boy touched Jeongguk shoulder and the boy reeled into Jimin's arms, desperate for reassurance.

"What's wrong?" Jimin asked, severely concerned as he wrapped his arms around the ravenette's back, "Why're you crying?"

Jeongguk shook his head, gulping down each sob that bubbled up his throat.

"Where's Tae? Do you want me to go get him?"

The ravenette shook his head even faster.

"Okay." Jimin sucked in a breath. "Okay, okay— come sit and calm down first," He said gently, leading the poor boy in and kicking the door shut.

He couldn't help the flutter in his chest when Jeongguk hugged him, warm body against his. But Jimin knew his boundaries— mentally checking on himself every couple of seconds to make sure he was comforting the ravenette as nothing more than a good friend.

Jeongguk trembled in his embrace until Jimin pulled away and held him by the shoulders.

"It's okay," Pinkie whispered, "Deep breathes." He demonstrated, and the ravenette followed, inhaling and exhaling slowly to stabilize himself.

"Thank you," Jeongguk murmured gratefully, sagging back into Jimin's chest.

"What happened, Ggukie?" Jimin leaned his head against the ravenette's.

Fresh tears sprung to his eyes. "Tae," He uttered.

"What about Tae?"

"He... lied?" Did it even count as a lie? Taehyung didn't lie about buying them food. He just didn't tell the whole truth.

Jimin frowned. "About what?"

Well, you see... Your roommate is my ex-boyfriend...

Jeongguk went back to shaking his head.

"It's okay if you don't want to tell me," Jimin told him, patting his back, "You're not obligated to."

The ravenette mumbled another weak thank you and buried himself back in Jimin's chest, sniffling.

Pinkie sealed his lips after that, not wanting to further distress Jeongguk. He bundled the fragile little thing into his arms and soothed him with tender words, wondering what the hell Taehyung could've done to make the ravenette this sad.

Speaking of the devil, Carter burst into the room with Taehyung right on his heels.

"What the fuck?"

__________

double update
continue on :,)