f i f t y - s i x

The open-air auditorium was originally a quiet, peaceful place until it was invaded by teenagers with the thirst for freedom.

It was lit with a soft candle-like glow and spotlights that Jimin wouldn't keep his hands off, adjusting it every once in a while to shine on Hoseok.

They were stomping about on stage, decorating the empty space with loud shrill screams and tricks to be performed. It was the burst of youthfulness that came with tummies full of dinner.

"I can do the splits," Jimin announced.

"For real?" Taehyung raised an eyebrow from his sitting position and leaned against Yoongi, who had his eyes on his boyfriend the entire time.

Hoseok was skipping about and twirling like he was born to be in front of an audience.

"Yes, watch." Jimin slid down perfectly, his legs split in different directions and he polished it with a thumbs up. He beamed when Madeline clapped for him.

"Cool, I'm just untalented." Yoongi shrugged before yelping when the brunette gave him a shove.

"Untalented my ass!" Taehyung retorted, "You're insane at piano."

That sent a blush of embarrassment to Yoongi's cheeks.

"Me on the other hand— what can I do?"

"You can go check on your little boyfriend," Madeline deadpanned, "He's been staring at that patch of grass for so long I'm beginning to think they've formed a spiritual connection."

Hoseok laughed, grabbing Taehyung's shoulder. "Looks like Jeongguk found a new soulmate."

"Shut up," The brunette grumbled, biting back a smile as he got to his feet.

Jeongguk was situated a couple meters away from the group, off stage, enjoying his peace and quiet. His back was turned to them, so Taehyung didn't notice the flower between the ravenette's fingers until he neared.

"Hi, Bambi." Taehyung took a seat behind him and pulled the boy onto his lap.

Jeongguk looked back at him and grinned, relaxing against his chest. "Hi."

"What are you doing?"

"Have you ever heard of the game he loves me, he loves me not?" The ravenette asked as Taehyung's arms snaked around his waist.

Taehyung frowned, not quite sure what to make of that title. "No?"

Jeongguk raised the flower in his hand. "An oxeye daisy, one of my mom's favorites." Just then, he picked off one of the petals. "Every time I pull one off, I say the phrase he loves me." Another petal off. "And then he loves me not, until I get to the very last petal."

The brunette watched tentatively. "Then what?"

"The last petal tells me if he loves me or not." Jeongguk laughed when he heard the other groan. "It's just for fun, Tae."

"Sure then. Go ahead."

"Okay... He loves me... He loves me not..."

Taehyung wasn't even paying attention to the flower, eyes glued to the ravenette's pretty face and pink lips as his chin rested over his shoulder. It felt nice like this, his boyfriend on his lap and their friends laughter in the background.

Second to last petal.

"He loves me."

Last petal.

"He loves me... not."

Jeongguk swiveled his head around to see the brunette's reaction, only to be tackled to the ground.