t h i r t y - o n e

Madeline huffed. "I'm tryna make up a new acronym name for our group."

"Why?" Yoongi furrowed his eyebrows. "I thought you already stuck to MIGHTY."

"Because we have two new additions." She let out a whine, slapping Taehyung on the chest for no reason. "Why can't we be friends with people whose first names start with vowels?!"

Taehyung laughed, taking the marker from her. "Okay how about we do it this way?"

hoSeok jeongguK Yoongi madEline taEhyung

SKYEE

"I actually kinda like this." Jeongguk glanced at Taehyung. "Sky." He whispered softly, "Sky."

"Ew." Yoongi grimaced, "SKYEE is so corny. Why are we still doing this?"

Madeline ignored him. "Someone hand me that baseball bat." She ordered.

Taehyung did as told, taking it off the wall. Madeline tested the weight of the bat, nodding in approval before towering over Hoseok.

"Woah there." Hoseok cowered back, hands raised. "I thought we were having a very sentimental moment just a minute ago. Why do you look like you're about to bash my head in?"

"You really think I'd bash your head in as a welcoming ceremony?"

All the boys nodded.

"Well I'm not." Madeline said with a chuckle, "Sorry I can't check that one off your bucket list."

"We have a ceremony?" Yoongi questioned, pulling the blanket closer.

She gave a simple shrug, then turned to Taehyung. "What do monarchs say when they make people knights?"

"Don't look at me— I don't have the slightest idea." Taehyung answered, sitting back.

Just then, Seokjin's voice sounded from the room next to theirs. "I dub thee knight, Sir Taehyung."

"Ahh— I know who the brains of this household is." Madeline teased, earning a glower from Taehyung.

"He only knows because he reads too many medieval books." The brunette argued before sticking his tongue at the wall as if his brother could see him.

"No, Tae. You're just dumb." Seokjin replied, his voice muffled.

Yoongi pressed himself close to the door. "You can hear us?"

"These are very thin walls."

"And you're not gonna join us?"

"As I said before— you're not cool enough to be in the presence of someone like myself."

"Ha. Ha."

Seokjin laughed. "Okay, but on a serious note, I didn't want to intrude."

"Anyway!" Madeline interrupted, one finger raised in the air and shooting a glare at the innocent wall. "Sir Hoseok."

"Oh boy." Hoseok sat up as Madeline dipped the baseball bat down and tapped him on the shoulder.

"And Sir Jeongguk."

She did the same to the ravenette, whose tears were long done and grin was plastered on his face. They had cheered him up effortlessly.

"I dub thee— Is there a plural form of thee?" Madeline turned to the wall, expecting an answer from Seokjin.

"Does it matter?" Taehyung asked.

"Literally what is happening?" Yoongi's eyes darted between Madeline and the two 'knights'.