s e v e n t y - t h r e e

T A E H Y U N G

Taehyung never thought he'd see his Bambi striding around in swimming shorts, but there he was.

Jeongguk looked a tad younger, his hair cut down to a five instead of the usual bangs that dipped over his eyes. Taehyung would be lying if he said the ravenette's toned stomach didn't startle him. His tummy had always been cute, but that's what being on a sports team does to people, he guessed.

Jeongguk rummaged through his locker, pulling out a towel and goggles until another guy showed up next to him and banged his fist against the metal. Hard.

It wasn't just him. Multiple guys surrounded the ravenette and Jeongguk kept his head straight, unbothered.

"See you at the pool, captain," The guy sneered, "We'll be having a jolly good time."

"Scrawny bitch," Someone added.

When they finally sauntered out of the changing room, Jeongguk's shoulders slumped in relief. Frustrated, he shoved his things back inside and slammed the locker shut.

Taehyung approached the ravenette slowly, crouching down to get a better look at his face. "Bambi?"

But he was ignored, and the brunette frowned. Perhaps he didn't exist in this time of Jeongguk's life.

The door opened with a heavy push and voices piled in. Taehyung turned and spotted a bunch of guys in football gear, his heart stopping for a split second when a blonde head appeared amongst them.

Carter's entire face lit up in pleasant surprise when he saw the ravenette sitting on the bench in front of the lockers. He wrapped up his small talk with his teammates, took off his shoulder pads, and headed over to him.

"Hi, Jeon."

Taehyung's eyebrows almost disappeared up into his hairline. Carter's demeanor was unrecognizable— cheery and animated as he wrapped his arms around Jeongguk.

"Why're you still here? You're late for practice," The blonde noted.

A smile pinched at Jeongguk's face, turning back to kiss Carter's cheek. "How was yours?"

Taehyung resisted the urge to gag.

"Twisted my ankle, broke my neck, snapped my spine in half—"

Jeongguk slapped the blonde's chest and laughed. "Shut up you didn't."

Carter chuckled in response, tugging and fondling with the ravenette's ear. "I'm gonna go change. And you better run to swim practice."

But just as the blonde pulled away, Jeongguk grabbed his arm. His smile was gone, replaced by trembling lips and nervous eyes that Carter noticed immediately.

"What's wrong?" He asked, taking a seat next to him.

"Carter... I don't want to go," Jeongguk said so quietly it almost went unheard.

The look on Carter's face hardened. "What'd they do?"

Jeongguk avoided the question in his typical fashion. "I don't want to be captain. I didn't ask to be. That just gives them another reason to pick on me."

"I'll bash their head in." Carter shrugged, a brow raised.

"I don't want you to."

The blonde sighed, reaching up to hold Jeongguk gently by the jaw. "You deserve to be swim captain with or without their approval. Coach chose you cause you're the best swimmer on the team. Everyone knows that."