f i f t y - s e v e n

Taehyung didn't budge when sunlight poured through the curtains, not even when Jeongguk hugged him from behind and planted kisses against his nape.

"Tae?"

The brunette didn't respond, but Jeongguk could tell he was awake by the way his brows furrowed.

"Tae..." The ravenette cooed, "Everyone's up."

Taehyung woke up on the wrong side of the bed today because all he did was let out a grunt of frustration and turn away from his boyfriend.

Jeongguk's heart sank, lips dropping to a frown. "Taehyung." He ran his hand along his back. "Are you mad at me? Is it because I slept on the floor last night? I was tired— I didn't mean to..."

The brunette shook his head and finally lifted himself off the mattress. "It's fine. Just— forget it."

Suddenly Yoongi walked out of the bathroom, fixing his trousers and raising an eyebrow at the two boys who eyed him. "Why are you staring at me and not each other?" He joked, "Everyone's gone. They're heading to the basketball courts."

"The one near the gift shop?"

"The one near the gift shop," Yoongi confirmed.

Taehyung didn't spare Jeongguk another glance. "You go with them."

"But—"

"I need to wash up anyway."

With reluctant footsteps, the ravenette abandoned the room.

Breathe.

Taehyung gripped onto the sink and lifted his head when he spotted a figure propped against the door frame.

"The fuck happened to you?" Yoongi inquired, studying his best friend closely.

"It's fine. I'll get over it."

"Okay, mister proper communication."

Taehyung was familiar with the usual sarcasm in Yoongi's tone whenever he disapproved of someone's behavior. "Jeongguk... was really close to Jimin last night," He divulged, "I don't think he even knows. But I..."

"Tae." The boy tilted his head to the side, catching his attention in the mirror. "I promise you— If you don't talk to Jeongguk about how you feel, nothing will change. He wouldn't be aware of what he did wrong and neither of you will be happy."

Taehyung lifted his head. "I'm being immature, aren't I?"

"You're learning," Yoongi consoled, pausing before continuing, "Want space?"

The brunette nodded. "I appreciate it, Yoons."

"Mhm. I'll see you."

Taehyung took his time washing up and texting his brother good morning, distracting his mind with things that didn't involve the ravenette. When the weight of his actions finally pressed down against his chest, however, did he realize how coldly he acted towards him.

That guilt carried him to the gift shop, hoping to get Jeongguk a treat as part of an apology.

The little cabin was quite the catch, graffitied walls, and chimes over the door that brushed against each other when Taehyung opened the door. Shelves of snacks, souvenirs, camp merch, and card games.

The brunette hummed, pondering over his options until his back bumped into another boy by the fireworks section. "Shit, sorry."

"It's fine." Carter regained his balance, eyes widening when he recognized Taehyung, watching as the brunette continued to scan the items along the shelves. "Looking for something?"