Chapter 29: Whose Fault Would That Be?

~~~~~

Location: SSOUI HQ

Maelstrom hissed. "You idiot. You f**king fool."

"Sir, I- I'm sorry, I ju-"

"You have majorly f**ked up."

His imposter employee was cowering under his gaze, not certain of what lay in store.

Maelstrom slammed his hand on his desk, making the other person flinch.

"What were you thinking? LEAVING TWO BODIES IN A STORAGE CLOSET??"

He glowered at the imposter, letting her realize the magnitude of her crime.

"This puts everything at risk, don't you see?? You broke the most crucial rule - stay a secret," Maelstrom said. "We can't have failures here, now can we?"

"S- sir, I just... I just forgot until it was too late, I-"

"Forgetting? Frankly, that's irrelevant. It doesn't take away from the trouble you've caused me."

She hung her head in shame, still trembling under Maelstrom's gaze.

Maelstrom jerked his head at the guards stationed at the door. "Take her away, and show her exactly what we do with failures."

"Wait, no! No! NO!" She screamed as she was dragged out of his office.

Pathetic.

She wouldn't be screaming for much longer.

~~~~~

Location: the Space Center

Blue

They found two dead bodies.

No one knows what happened to the rest of the crew, but none of them came back home.

Nothing's come out of it yet.

Blue didn't know what to make of the new information.

Was it good for her, considering that it could lead to her freedom if SSOUI was discovered?

Or was it bad, considering that she had committed murder, just like Green and the rest of the imposters?

That, along with Maelstrom's recent strange behavior (according to Green), and Green's new act of being her boyfriend (utterly revolting), was quite confusing to her.

In the end, she simply decided to go along with the mission and deal with whatever strange things were happening later.

After all, was there truly any normalcy in SSOUI?

The world came back into focus as she remembered Green holding her hand.

Blue resisted the urge to jerk away from him and simply stared at Scarlet.

You probably know too much, sir.

Someone else approached them, sparing Blue from having to do or say anything other than her act of nervousness.

"Hellooo!" A peppy, feminine voice said, coming from Gray.

The sheer amount of friendliness and happiness in that single word felt like sunshine, rainbows, kittens, and puppies all charged with cheerfulness smacking Blue across the face and permanently paralyzing her.

Bile rose up in Blue's throat, although she managed to keep it down.

She tried to make eye contact with Green. Can we kill her first? Please?