Chapter 43: Trapped

A/N: I'm feeling generous today - here you are.

~~~~~

"You can't run, run, run, from the smoking gun... What is lost will be found - when the truth hunts you down."

- "When The Truth Hunts You Down," by Sam Tinnesz

~~~~~

Location: the Skeld, heading home

Black

"So... Silver has some serious scars, and is acting very weird," Red said, finishing up his story.

After Maroon had settled down and Pink had eaten some food, Red, White, and Black had gathered together to update each other on the entire situation and plan out their next move.

"Well, Peach still needs to be talked to," White pointed out. "We still have to do that."

"Actually... let's let him make the first move," Red suggested. "We already have enough going on with Maroon, Pink, and Silver, so we can simply address that issue when it becomes relevant."

"Or we can just deal with it now?" White offered.

Red sighed. "Well, it shouldn't be me, since I'll likely get similar treatment as last time, and White, you sided with me during that, so he might not be feeling too happy towards you either... Black?"

... Do I have to?

"I mean... unless we want to get Maroon or Pink to do it, it's gotta be you. You're the most nonthreatening person here, other than Talon and Wren, and you weren't really part of the argument that went down in the Cafeteria."

White nodded at this, agreeing with Red. "Yeah - sorry to put this on you, but you are the best candidate for that conversation. And, if things go south and you need backup, we'll be nearby."

Okay, fine.

"Okay, onto other matters... what do we do when we get back to the space center?" White asked. "We have a killer in custody, and you told me that the authorities didn't listen to you last time, so... what are we planning, exactly?"

"We keep Silver with us, that's nonnegotiable. She's the key to finding Green, and whatever organization these imposter killers have. If we use her to find Green, we can use that evidence to convince the authorities to look into this and stop the killings altogether."

"That's inspiring and all, Red, but what is the actual plan?"

"Well... first, we need to tame the Peach beast and get him back on the team. Second, we need to get more information about the organization from Silver. And, if at all possible, we need to get Pink functioning again - we need that brain of hers."

"So, calm Peach down, interrogate Silver, and slap some sense into Pink - that's the to-do list."

"Do NOT slap Pink. But yes, and we have about two days until the ship gets back."

Wonderful. I guess I should get started on Peach, then?

"That would be a good idea, Black," White said. "We don't know how long he'll take to get to a good mental state again, so it's better to start now."

Black nodded at this.

"All right - go find Peach. In the meantime, White and I will go see Pink, and then we'll be talking to Silver."

~~~~~

Location: Mira HQ

Green