Chapter 2: Why Am I Suddenly The Psychopath?

Blue and Black turned into their room for the night.

Blue had ended up holding Black's tablet hostage for quite some time, until it was Black's turn to do her tasks.

Closing the door behind her, Blue sighed in relief when it muffled the noise in the hallway.

Quiet. Peace and quiet.

Wait, what about Talon?

Oh, right, he's sharing a room with Red's son. 

She had checked up on them earlier, and they seemed to be doing just fine. Well, yes, Talon had accidentally bopped the other kid on the nose and made him cry for a minute, making Red all concerned, but otherwise, they were fine.

He'll be just fine. 

The quiet intensified as Black went to bed, and Blue heard the faint sounds of everyone else turning in as well.

Tomorrow, maybe I'll be able to talk to someone without them being annoyed. 

It'll be just about the same routine. Easy enough. 

You'll do great. Just try not to make anyone mad. Maybe I should try to be... nice? 

Well, focus on being tolerable first. 

She hated to admit it, but Black had some really good points during their conversation.

After turning off her light, Blue sighed as she turned over. Just sleep. 

Tomorrow is a new day. 

~~~~~

Blue opened her eyes to total darkness. 

Still night. I can go back to sleep.

But then she swallowed, and felt her throat - it was parched. 

Okay, fine. Get water, and then sleep.

She tiptoed out of the room, careful not to disturb Black. Closing the door behind her, she tried to remember where she could get water. 

Bathroom? Cafeteria?

Cafeteria will probably have better water. 

She felt her way along the walls, through the darkness. Feeling the strong, metal walls, Blue felt the wall end - a doorway.

That must be electrical. 

After she got to the storage room, Blue made her way across - bumping into several boxes along the way - and eventually got past the admin room.

She made it to cafeteria, thankful that her eyes had started adjusting to the darkness.

There were five round tables, and the center one was the meeting table - it had an emergency button on it, with a plastic cover over the button. 

I'm guessing I should be hoping never to press it. 

… but that button looks tempting.

Forcing her attention away from the red button (it was just ASKING to be pressed, if Blue was being honest), she grabbed a bottle of water from a case on one of the tables.

She chugged half the bottle, watering and relieving her dry throat.

I should save the rest. 

She put her helmet back on and turned to go back to her room, but then, all the lights flicked back on. 

…Wait.