Chapter 26: Allies and Secret Agents

~~~~~

Location: Mira HQ

Blue

Once Sunset was dead, Green stood up, wiping the blood from the knife on Sunset's suit.

He sighed in relief. "Well, that's another assignment done."

Blue pulled herself from under the cafeteria table, still hurting from the fight with Rufous.

Green looked at her, concerned.. "Are you okay, Blue??"

Blue winced as she stood up. "Yes, I'm fine. Perfectly fine."

Green rolled his eyes. "All right, we're going to MedBay."

When she stubbornly stayed in place, he grabbed her wrist and started dragging her in the direction of MedBay, ignoring her protests.

"Ow- really, I'm fine! You don't have to drag me around, I don't have to be led around like a puppy! Why don't you just lea-"

"-leave you alone?" Green finished for her. He turned to Blue, staring her down with stern eyes. "I see what you're trying to do - you're trying to keep your distance from me. You can't run away from me anymore, Blue. There are things we have to address and talk about before anything progresses with SSOUI."

Blue stared back at him, not sure what to feel.

After a moment, Green sighed. "Just... come with me to MedBay, okay?"

Once Green finally got the stubborn Blue into MedBay, he reached for the first aid kit and turned to Blue, who was sitting on a chair.

"All right. First things first - where are you hurt?"

Silently, Blue took off one of her gloves and revealed bruises all over her knuckles.

Green's eyes widened.

"Threw a few punches," Blue muttered.

He nodded and took out supplies. "Anyway, I can tell that you've got a question. Well, probably more like fifteen questions, but there has to be a main one."

Blue sighed. "Do you like killing?"

"Oh, no, definitely not."

"... then why do you seem to take delight in it?" Blue said, watching him wrap a bandage around her hand to help combat any swelling.

"Ah, you misunderstand. I don't like killing, but that doesn't mean I don't enjoy other parts of being an imposter," Green answered, handing Blue some painkillers to take. "You see, I like deceiving people and proving them wrong, and I enjoy convincing people that I'm trustworthy."

"Why?"

"I mean… since I couldn't exactly back out of the imposter career, I learned to find some parts of it enjoyable. I never found the killing part fun, so I had to compensate somehow."

… I guess that makes sense.

"Then how do you deal with it?" Blue asked, intrigued. 

"I learned how to turn off my emotions and morality at will."

"So… you're not like those serial killers who kill just because they want to."

"Never was."

Blue blinked. That's… reassuring. He's not just killing because he likes it.

He's killing because he has to, and he just learned how to deal with it.