Chapter 12: Order To Kill

Green 

His previous plan had fallen through - Blue was simply too hostile toward him to befriend him. I should have known.

I'm getting absolutely nowhere with her.

After the Brown situation was dealt with, Black retreated to her room, handing off Talon to Blue again.

Blue decided to follow Black, and as she left, Red turned to Green and Purple.

"Everyone's so distraught - I think we should cut this mission short, for the sake of everyone's mental health."

What?? No!

Screw mental health, I need to KILL all of you!

Purple sighed in relief. "That sounds like a good plan of action. If we change course to go straight home, how long will that take?"

"We do have another stop to make, on another ship in orbit, but I can arrange for another mission to do what we intended to do there. Going home will cut this down to several hours, considering that we need to sleep and ensure that the ship is ready to land first." 

… s**t.

To not look suspicious, Green put in his supposed thoughts, "sounds like a good plan, Red."

Red nodded at the both of them, and turned to go to Navigation. Purple left to find Pink, presumably, leaving Green alone in the cafeteria.

He headed back to his room, which he now had all to himself.

… He would have been more happy about that if he hadn't received just about the worst news an imposter could receive.

So now what do I do? They HAVE to be dead by the time we land.

Then, Green spotted Talon walking towards the room he shared with Red's son - was his name Wren?

An idea sparked in his brain.

… I can kill two birds with one stone.

If it happens silently, during quiet hours, and while I'm monitoring Navigation… 

This can still work.

~~~~~

Blue

Red opened her bedroom door, and Blue and Black both turned to him.

"So, change of plans - we're going to cut this mission short, and we'll be preparing to land back home right after we all sleep."

After confirming their understanding, Black turned back to her book, and Blue lay back down on her bed, her eyes wanting to close.

She hadn't slept well in so long… 

Wait.

The mission is ending soon, so that means…

Oh. Oh s**t.

He wouldn't dare kill when people aren't asleep, right?

She wanted to get up to go find him and stop him, and tried to move, but her body decided otherwise.

~~~~~

Blue woke up again with a start, wondering how she could fall asleep at such a time.

Turning over, she saw from under the door that the lights were still on, but it was definitely quiet hours. Looking at Black's bed, she was relieved to see Black sleeping, safe and sound.