Chapter 54: Nobody Asked You.

~~~~~

Green

"But you can't change the fact that you were once just as sadistic as I am."

Green shuddered at her words, flinching as the unwanted memories started trickling back in.

The feeling of dragging a knife across Whirlpool's skin had been intoxicating at the time, but now the memory served only to make Green feel sick to his stomach.

Her good eye stared him down with a malicious gaze, reminding him way too much of Maelstrom.

Green stood up, deciding to simply leave the situation as a whole before things could get worse.

"You can run, Lex... but truth has a habit of coming out, doesn't it?" Whirlpool's voice whispered after him.

He exited Communications, closing the door behind him to shut out the reminder of his past.

You're not that person anymore, he reminded himself. You've changed. For the better.

But what if she says something and they don't believe me?

I mean, why would they?

Green found himself walking down the hallway towards Cafeteria, and he noticed that most of the other astronauts he didn't recognize were looking afraid for their lives, or dealing with that fear in their own ways.

The others must be busy.

He paused at the entrance of Cafeteria, looking around for them. They had topics to discuss, and Green figured that getting it done and over with was better than being a sitting duck and getting more and more paranoid by the minute.

And besides, Blue would want him to help them, wouldn't she?

~~~~~

White

White leaned against the wall, sliding down to the floor.

He had given Peach some painkillers and sleep meds in order to keep him unconscious, and then he had done his best to stitch up his wounds.

Peach had lost a lot of blood, but White was fairly certain he'd make it.

At least, that's what White tried to tell himself... some of the bites had been pretty deep, and White wasn't quite qualified for the job.

I'll have to tell Red, won't I? he thought to himself.

Footsteps echoed outside MedBay, and White turned his head to see Pink.

She looked lost in thought, but then her gaze landed on Peach, and then him.

"Is... is he okay?" she asked quietly, coming closer to inspect Peach.

White breathed a sigh. "I don't know."

Pink briefly glanced at him with a concerned gaze before focusing her attention back on Peach and his wounds. "Some of these do look pretty deep - did you make sure to sanitize them?"

"Yes, but I don't... I don't exactly have professional medical training."

"Wait, haven't you been the one looking after Silver?"

White bit the inside of his cheek and sighed again. "Yes, but I never actually completed any medical degrees - you see, I was in the middle of my first year of medical school before all this happened."

"Only your first year?"

"Yeah... I'm not really qualified for this, am I?"

"Well, you're more qualified than I am. You could always ask everyone else if there's a doctor on the ship, but ultimately, Peach did get pretty badly hurt."