Chapter 21: Your Worst Nightmare

"Let's kill tonight - show them all you're not the ordinary type."

-"Let's Kill Tonight", by Panic! At The Disco

~~~~~

Location: Mira HQ

Green

Instead of going back to their room, he paced up and down, thinking.

Blue's basically out of commission now, so double-killing is out of the equation.

I can't count on her to do anything except vouch for me and give me an alibi.

So… how do I deal with Rufous and Aureolin?

Green sighed, sitting down next to one of the potted plants and putting his head in his hands. Oh, Lexacon, why do you have to make things more complicated?

Blue obviously hates you right now - and rightfully so. There's no counting on her right now.

You're all alone.

Again.

He sighed again. Maybe I SHOULD have killed her back then.

That would make this a whole lot easier.

The thought entered his mind - just kill her right now. End her suffering.

For a moment, Green found himself actually considering that option.

But he shook his head. No, no, that wouldn't work. The others would discover me for sure, since I have been around Blue this whole time.

Then I'd end up ejected and drifting off into space, waiting for my oxygen to run out.

… And am I reeeally willing to kill the only person I can trust?

He thought about it for a moment.

No, I shouldn't kill her.

Another thought came to him - but what if she rats me out?

Well… then it'll simply be a matter of silencing the witness.

And, if I can't silence her in time - the one person I saved would be the one to take me down in the end, which would be quite ironic.

I'm sure Maelstrom and Whirlpool would laugh about that for years.

And, knowing them, they'd probably promote Blue.

… But I can't die. Not now - not after I worked so hard to stay alive.

An idea came to him, and he smiled to himself.

Walking down the hallway shaped like a Y, where the bedroom doors were, he opened the door to his and Blue's room.

When he made it there, he discovered Blue's knife under her pillow. She must have left it there.

It was slightly stained with Fuchsia's blood, and another idea came to him.

I have to turn Rufous and Aureolin against each other.

Separate the duo.

Green pocketed Blue's knife - he doubted she'd need it anytime soon anyways.

He exited the bedroom, closing the door behind him. 

He looked towards Rufous and Aureolin's room.

Green smiled to himself, and then made his way towards Electrical.

After turning off the lights and letting his eyes adjust, he went back to the Y hallway in complete darkness.

Partners In Crime: An Among Us FanfictionOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara