Chapter 41: Tell Me The Truth.

~~~~~

"Chaos is my lover, power is my best friend. You're all my marionettes."

- "Marionettes - Dream's Theme", by Kanaya

~~~~~

Location: on the Skeld, heading home

Whirlpool

"... D**n," Red muttered right after hearing her outburst.

Whirlpool took a deep breath in, organizing her thoughts as to not let her anger get out of control.

"Yeah, he's a b**ch and a half," she muttered.

"Silver, why do you hate him?"

A clever, wicked idea was taking shape in Whirlpool's mind.

"Because he's the worst, OBVIOUSLY. He might be even worse than me. I mean, he kidnapped someone and took her back home recently, and she's probably, like, DEAD."

She saw Red's eyes widen with fear. "Who?"

"Oh, just some lady with a blue streak in her hair." Whirlpool shrugged, keeping in her delight at his horrified reaction. "Dad saw her once, and never again."

She feigned confusion when he grabbed her shoulders, panicking. "What was her name??"

"F**k if I know - Dad said she looked antisocial, though. Like she wanted to be left alone."

Red sat back, staring into Whirlpool's eyes with a terrified urgency. "Tha- that's Blue. That's definitely Blue. Do you know for sure if she's dead?"

"Again, f**k if I know. I haven't seen her myself, but I don't think Lex would have kept her alive - that's not like him at ALL. He's an absolute psychopath, he LOVES to make people suffer. Kinda like me, but worse."

He's believing it, she thought to herself, holding in a grin. HE'S BELIEVING IT.

Red put his head in his hands, and next to Whirlpool, White gave him a sympathetic look and asked his own question, "well, if this... Blue... is dead, where is Green?"

"Probably out murdering more people, but he's gotta come home eventually," Whirlpool shrugged.

"And where is home?"

Okay, phase 2 of the operation.

Whirlpool feigned a huge gasp and started tearing up, hyperventilating. "Wait, I should NOT have told you all this- they'll kill me- Dad will kill me- what was I THINKING? Dad always said I was too talkative-"

White stared at her, eyes wide, and Red snapped back into focus. "It'll be okay, Silver - we won't let them hurt you. You can run away with us, okay?"

Whirlpool sniffled, burying her good eye in her hands. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, it's just-"

"Silver. It's okay," White said reassuringly. "We'll help you, as long as you don't hurt any of us again."

"T- thank you," Whirlpool whispered faintly.

White gestured to her bad eye, getting back to medical business. She let him unwrap it, and he had to look away for a second at the sight of her injury.

Red nodded at Silver. "It'll be okay. When you're ready, please tell us where Green is, all right?"

Whirlpool nodded, letting White properly bandage her eye.

When they left her in the room alone and locked the door, Whirlpool smiled to herself.

~~~~~