Chapter 15: That Was An Absolute DISASTER.

Blue

She had punched the guard in the face.

After all, she had to release some of the emotions that were building up inside her - and he was being severely annoying.

Even more annoying than Green - if that's possible.

He had introduced himself as Winston, and he had been making two-sided comments about her.

Once he said that she and Green were a cute couple, she had enough and punched in the nose.

B**ch, he ain't even my friend.

The guards on the other end of the room seemed entertained, indicating to her that this was something they were used to seeing.

Winston started crying, as if he was a child and she had taken a lollipop from him.

It reminded him of when Green had pulled some soap opera skills - except that those had actually worked.

Is this something all imposters have in common? Drama skills?

She rolled her eyes. Pathetic.

Wait. Didn't Green say something about doing exactly what he said, or we'd die?

... well, he didn't tell me NOT to punch Winston.

And I seriously doubt we'll get killed over this.

Then, the door of the office opened, and Green came out, followed by a tall, serious figure with dark eyes that stared into her soul.

Green looked like he was trying to communicate with her through eye contact. She simply blinked at him.

Do you expect me to understand that?

The figure was rather intimidating, making her believe that this was one of the people in charge. He had black eyes - not the dark brown eyes that people think are black, but actual black eyes.

He looked at her, looked at the office, and then back at her again, beckoning her to go inside.

And something told her that it was nonnegotiable.

The main thing she noticed about him was his long black hair that blended together with his long black coat - she figured that the color scheme was intentional.

After all, who would accidentally dress like they were a walking shadow?

Green made more unsuccessful attempts to communicate with Blue, but in the end, she had to go inside without knowing what he was trying to say.

Well, I hope I don't mess anything up too badly.

"Hello, Blue. I am Commander Maelstrom of SSOUI - care to explain what happened?"

"Well, Winston was annoying me, and-"

"No, no, I know that. Winston just likes to annoy the newer people, and Lexacon in particular - although Lex is certainly not new."

And you just let him get away with it?

Maelstrom somehow registered her silent question, and he said, "personally, I think it's fine. After all, him annoying the new people helps me to determine who's patient enough for assignments and who needs work."

Oh.

... You know, I really don't think I passed that.

Hopefully that didn't do anything bad.