Chapter 13: Why Am I Here?

"Have you ever yearned to go, past the world you think you know, been enthralled to the call of the beauty underneath?"

- "The Beauty Underneath," Love Never Dies

~~~~~

Blue

On a bench outside the changing rooms, Blue waited for Green to join her again.

After they left the Skeld, they had to change out of their spacesuits, since they were now on Earth again.

Blue hadn't taken much time to change, since she didn't necessarily care about her appearance.

After all, what was the point in looking presentable if, inside, she felt horrible?

Before, I wanted to feel more emotion.

But... these aren't the emotions I wanted.

Deep down, in her gut, she felt her guilt.

I should have done something sooner.

Maybe more of them would be alive.

With her current mental state, she didn't feel like doing anything other than a simple braid with her hair.

However, she did keep her blue color scheme for her clothing, since the particular shade did comfort her - even if just a little.

Just then, Green walked out of the men's changing room, and both of them looked at each other with new eyes, since they had never seen one another without their spacesuits.

... I didn't know it was possible for him to look even MORE like the bastard son of an idiotic, bucket-brained pigeon and a serial killer.

The first thing Blue noticed was Green's fluffy, light brown hair, and his gray eyes. They weren't the warmer shade of gray, but instead the much colder shade that made one wonder if they had a heart or soul.

Evidently not, in his case.

As she had observed long before, he was a little shorter than she was, but his physique was a little scrawnier than she imagined.

Then how the f**k did he easily overpower me in the fight for the button?

... he's a lot stronger than he looks.

That must be part of his tactic.

Green blew his small green streak of hair from his face when it got into his eye.

Each of them had a streak of hair dyed their suit color, as was tradition - Blue had a small blue streak, which went quite nicely with her black hair.

Green sighed. "So, are we just gonna keep calling each other Green and Blue, or are we going to do actual names?"

"I already know you as Green, so even if I know your real name, I'll still call you Green."

"Eh, true. Well, if you're curious, my name's Lexacon."

Blue paused. "No, no, that can't be it. That sounds too normal."

Green looked at her, amused. "No one's ever called my name normal."

"Clearly, they haven't compared it to your one-of-a-kind, exceptionally insufferable personality."

"Ah, there's the Blue I know," he smiled. "I was wondering when the attitude would come back - you haven't been yourself the past few hours."

"... Oh, gee, I wonder why."

"And have I mentioned how much I like the sarcasm?"

Blue was becoming increasingly more irritated with him with every word that came out of his mouth.