Chapter 33: Just Don't Look.

Location: Mira HQ

Blue

After what happened during the discussion, she saw that glint in Green's eyes that signaled that he had an idea.

Everyone gradually dispersed, casting scared, worried, and dark glances at Onyx.

Lapis noticed this, and he sighed deeply, rubbing his face with one hand. Violet was next to him, clenching his fists in frustration while glaring at Onyx.

Onyx, on the other hand, simply stared back, crossing his arms and making himself as small as possible in the corner of the cafeteria.

Lapis, ignoring Violet, approached Onyx, who backed away hesitantly.

At this point, Green and Blue were the only ones with them in Cafeteria. Everyone else had dispersed to either do tasks, or stay away from Onyx.

When Onyx kept backing away from Lapis despite his approaches, he gave up. "Look, I'm sorry all this is happening. I... I just have a feeling that it's not you."

"A feeling?" Onyx growled, reminding Blue of a cornered, wounded dog. "Just a feeling??"

Lapis jerked backwards, hurt and confused.

Violet pushed past Lapis to growl right back at Onyx. "Listen here, imposter. It's because of Lapis that you're still here, so I suggest showing him a little more respect!"

After that, Violet retreated to the other side of Cafeteria, still keeping an eye on Onyx.

Lapis sighed again, and he finally noticed Green and Blue, who were both still holding hands.

"You don't have to stay here for this," Lapis told them. "We'll be fine by ourselves."

Blue nodded slowly. "Okay. We just wanted to make sure things were all right."

Lapis nodded back, sitting down and rubbing his hands on his temples. "Things will be fine - I just need to figure out what to do about all this."

Green approached him, resting a hand on his shoulder briefly. "I'm sure you'll find a solution, Lapis. Don't be afraid to ask us for support if you need it, okay?"

Lapis sighed for the third time. Wow, he sighs a lot. "Thanks, Green. I appreciate it."

After that interaction, the two of them departed from Cafeteria and left for Admin to discuss.

Well... Lapis certainly complicates things.

If we ejected Onyx there, this would be a lot simpler.

... I hope Green has some sort of plan, outrageous as it may be.

Sometimes life needs a bit of madness, after all.

He's a murderous wretch, but I have to admit that he's clever.

Once they were alone in Admin, Green turned to her.

"Okay, hear me out - next, we get Violet."

Blue gasped softly. "Lapis' friend? How could we pull that off??"

Green smiled. "Not sure yet, but I think we get Violet next - and frame Onyx again. That way, Lapis has to do something, or risk the wrath of the rest of the crew."

"What about after that?"

"Well, afterwards, Lapis will have no one. So, we become his confidants, and from there... we can control what goes on."