Chapter 14: Home Sweet Home.

Green

Blue stared at him in disbelief, and he stared right back.

"Death?"

"Did I stutter?"

"No, I just don't understand."

He paused, wondering what exactly to say.

They aren't happy with me? They'll be scrutinizing our every move? I'm already dancing on a knife's edge as it is?

… You could literally make or break this? 

He settled with, "for now, I'm just going to say that the people in authority aren't too happy with me right now." 

"What did you do to make them mad at you?"

"I didn't say they were mad, I said they weren't happy. If they were mad, I'd be dead. And that information is classified."

Blue narrowed her eyes at him. "I'll just assume it's because you were way too annoying."

… well, partially.

Green snorted and rolled his eyes. "I'll let you keep believing that."

Then, the car went up a ramp, to the place that masqueraded as a company building. 

Home sweet home, Green thought sarcastically.

Just inside the doors of the building, Green could see two guards just inside the doors.

Oh, s**t. 

Calming his racing heart, Green opened the door of the car after it slowed to a stop, and got out, bag in hand, heading towards the entrance.

He heard footsteps behind him, and he knew that Blue was following close behind.

Stay close.

I'm absolutely certain the others will eat you alive if they find you alone.

Green waltzed in the doors like he owned the place, temporarily ignoring the guards - until they stopped him from walking any further.

"Lexacon, Commander Maelstrom wants to speak to you," one of them - Winston - stated.

He let out a small, nervous laugh, trying to scrounge up his confidence. Swallowing his nerves, he nodded to the guards.

"Who's she?" the other gestured to Blue, who was standing slightly behind Green.

"New recruit," Green explained. "I'll explain her to the commander."

They took this as an acceptable answer, and escorted the two of them up the staircase, keeping eyes on Blue.

When they reached Floor 3, they were quickly escorted to the very center of the building - Commander Maelstrom's office.

Its walls were made of one-way glass, so no one could see in, but anyone inside could see out.

Green took a deep breath, reached for the doorknob, and then paused.

"Wait, where will Blue go while I speak with him?"

"She'll stay right here - don't worry about her."

Blue and Green exchanged glances, and Blue rolled her eyes. "Fine."

He turned back to the door, but then paused, remembering something.

Wait, I need to tell her about th-

Before he could warn Blue about the guards, he was shoved into Maelstrom's office, and the door was closed behind him.