Chapter 51: To The Ship!

~~~~~

Pink

She didn't stick around to see what the h**l Green was doing.

The idiot had proven that he was able to think his way out of tight situations, so she figured he'd live.

Panting, she charged down the hall with the cart carrying Peach and Talon, doing her best to avoid the bodies on the floor.

However, the cart's wheels still went through pools of blood, making bloody cart tracks on the already blood-stained floor.

Pink cursed under her breath as she noticed the blood tracks - that made it easier for the killers to find them.

Green was causing a distraction, yes, but she wasn't counting on him distracting everyone.

"I think the announcement room is down there," Peach pointed out, gesturing to their left.

Pink nodded, not questioning how he knew that specific information, and proceeded to drag Peach out of the cart and down the hallway.

The cart would only lead the killers to their location faster.

Down another hallway, she heard gleeful laughs, and more screams. Chills ran down Pink's spine as she shoved Peach and Talon into the announcements room and slammed the door closed after her.

She stood against the door for a moment, trying to catch her breath.

Talon looked at her with concerned, scared eyes while Peach headed to the desk that had the microphone and recording devices, gingerly pushing aside the dead body of whom Pink deduced to be the former announcer.

"So, like... what do we say, exactly?" he asked her.

Pink thought for a moment while regulating her breathing. "Keep it simple and concise. Also, as soon as we start recording, we need to be ready to fight and run - it'll be like a huge sign saying 'HEY, COME HERE, WE'RE STUPID PEOPLE WHO WOULD MAKE EXCELLENT TARGETS' with fireworks in the background. So... be ready to make our escape, and maybe die in the process."

"Well, that's reassuring," Peach muttered, getting a piece of paper to write down a script.

"What, did you expect them to hear the announcement and come to the door for tea and cookies? Maybe bringing some biscuits to share, and a cake to celebrate someone's birthday? Peach, they're literally here to f**king kill us."

"We're in a life-or-death situation, and you're being sarcastic? Seriously?"

"Well, I'm not about to die without letting you know how stupid you are one last time."

Peach sighed, putting down his pen and reaching to turn on the microphone and start the recording. Before he did that, he looked at Pink.

"Ready?"

Pink nodded, tossing away her sarcastic ways to push Talon behind her and guard the door.

Peach started the announcement.

"There is an emergency of utmost danger - attackers are exterminating the people who reside in this building, and they will stop at nothing to take us all down. Go to the ships, and take your suits with you. I repeat, GO TO THE SHIPS."

While Peach did that, Pink held the door closed as someone slammed against it. Talon whimpered, hiding under the desk.

Peach threw aside the recording equipment and snatched up Talon, nodding at Pink to open the door.

Pink threw open the door as a killer fell through, getting yet more blood on the floor from the stains on their clothes. She immediately brought down her foot on his neck - a spine-shivering crack sounded from him, and she figured that he was taken care of.