Chapter 47: Ice-Cold

~~~~~

"That's just the weight of the world. We do what we must to get by! That's just the weight of the world. The weak and weary will never survive! That's just the weight of the world.

"We do what we must to stay alive."

- "Weight of the World," by Shayfer James

~~~~~

Green

"So, Green - where the F**K is Blue??"

"Well, um... about that."

If Red had a weapon of any sort, Green would be dead.

"What? WHAT do you have to say?"

F**k. F**k. F**k.

"Uhhhh-" Green trailed off, panicking.

"EXPLAIN YOURSELF."

"WellyouSEEthere'sthishugef**kingimposterorganizationcalledSSOUIandtheykindasortathrewmeoutcauseBlueandIf**kedupandBluegotturnedintosomemonstershiftercreaturethingandIranawaycauseIdidn'twannadieandIthinkBluewhoismyonlyfriendmightbedeadsoHOWABOUTTHAT-"

"Red, stop making him panic," Pink interjected. "He's clearly intimidated, so we just need to extract the information."

"You're right," Red muttered emotionlessly. "We need something more effective."

"Wait, hold on-"

"I'll explain everything, just please hear me out-" Green tried to tell them.

"Suuuure you will," Red said, rolling his eyes at Green.

Red grabbed Green's arm and yanked him to his feet, and Green was dragged behind Red as they left the bathroom.

Green's panicked gaze fell on everyone else in the bathroom, and they were all staring at either him or Red - they didn't know what was going on either.

How reassuring, he thought sarcastically.

Out of all the ways I thought I could eventually get confronted by someone, being cornered in a bathroom was not one of them.

... not my most dignified moment.

Oh, Blue, why'd you have to leave me behind?

Are you even alive??

IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN ME.

WHY WASN'T IT ME-

Red stopped abruptly, and Green's heart pounded in the silence.

"Pink, can you get a container and fill it with ice water?"

Ice water?

Are they trying to do a makeshift version of torture, or what?

Have they gone mad?

Pink started to fill up a bucket with cold water, and Black started gathering ice.

All of this could be avoided if they just f**king heard me out and listened to me.

They've definitely gone mad.

Ice water? Seriously?

~~~

Exactly three minutes later, poor Green was shivering and spluttering in one of the showers provided at the space center.

He was handcuffed to a bar inside the shower, confining him to a wet, cold chamber where he was certain he'd catch hypothermia and die - like an undignified wimp.