The Tundra

Your POV

I was sleeping peacefully in my leaf nest. 'I never realized how comfortable this nest was. It's probably more comfortable than my bed back at Senara'. All of a sudden I felt something starting to lick the side of my face. I opened one eye and saw Feuer staring happily at me then continuing to lick my face some more. I giggled and asked "I guess you want me to wake up don't you". Feuer began to jump up and down with excitement. I sat up, stretching my arms out a little. My h/c hair was messy and slightly shielding my eyes. I threw my brown stitched blanket aside and walked over to a bowl of water sitting in the corner of my hut.

After washing my face I wrapped a blue cloth around my chest which showed a little of my stomach then I put on a brown dress that showed both my legs. I turned to Feuer and said "Come on. Lets go get some food". Feuer then left the hut with me behind him. I shielded my eyes from the bright sun passing through the leaves of the forest biome. Feuer and I walked an apple tree not far from my hut. When Feuer saw the apple tree, he began trying to climb it. I laughed and said "Feuer, don't climb up there or you'll get stuck". 

I began to reach for two nice big red apples when I realized I couldn't reach them. I then crossed one arm over my chest and began to jump for the apples. After a while I gave up. "Do you need a little help y/n" a familiar voice spoke from behind me. I turned and saw Udo leaning up against a tree. I smiled and said "Yes. I can't reach the apples". Udo then came over and picked the two apples with ease due to his height. He gave the apples to me and then said "I heard you had an encounter with Borra the other day". I with a small giggle "Um...yes that is true". Udo folded his arms and asked "Did he or anybody else try to hurt you". I said while taking a bite out of one of the apples "No but when I brought him to the desert biome, I could tell I wasn't wanted"

Udo sighed and said "Well at least they didn't try to kill you". I gave one apple to Feuer and said "I guess your right about that". Udo then said quickly "I don't have anything to do today so I can take you to the tundra biome". I smiled and asked "Really? Your sure you have nothing to to do today". Udo chuckled and said "I'm sure so whenever your ready to go". I finished my apple and so did Feuer and I said "Well looks like we are ready to go". 

Udo nodded and then we walked through the forest biome to the rainforest biome and finally at the tundra biome. I asked "Now how are we suppose to get up there". Udo said "I could carry you but I'd have to make two rounds in order to get Feuer since I'm not strong enough to carry both of you". I said "That's fine". Udo then came close to me and picked me up bridal style and flew up the snowy cliff that lead to where the tundra lived. Udo then left back down the cliff to get Feuer, leaving me at the cliff. 

The snow was not as deep as I thought it would be. It was soft but cold and stung my feet. Udo then came back up the cliff holding Feuer who jumped out of Udo's arms and began to run around, exploring the tundra grounds. We then began to walk up the cliff. I asked "So how long have you lived here Udo". Udo said "Since I was a little boy". He said "When we get to the top, stay close to me. You can easily slip and fall to your death at the top ok". I took a deep shaky breath and said "Ok". Without knowing it I wrapped my arm around Udo's pulled myself close to him. 

We made it to the top of the cliff and I couldn't help but smile at what I saw. At the top of the cliff, there were large huts and caves lightly covered in snow. There were also large ditches with fire in them. Finally I saw the tundra fey. The main colors of their clothes were white, brown, grey, or blue. Some sat around the ditches with fire in them and some were in their huts or caves. I said with a great big smile "Udo your home is so beautiful". Udo said smiling back at me "Thank you y/n". I asked "So what will we do first". Udo said "Well how about we try a few of our foods". I asked "Don't all fey eat the same food". Udo said "Yes but a few of our foods are different". 

I unwrapped my arm from Udo's and said "Ok so what's the first food". Udo and I walked over to a hut and I asked "Um...Udo, why are you going into someone else's hut? Isn't that a little rude". Udo laughed and said "This is my hut y/n so need to worry". He crawled into the hut and soon came out with a bowl of fruit. He said "This is called frozen salad. It's cold fruit mixed with some leaves from the rainforest". He then handed me the bowl and I picked up what looked like a blue apple. I took a bite out of fruit and immediately my whole body turned cold. I quickly handed the bowl back Udo and wrapped my arms around my body. I said while shaking "I-it taste g-good but now I-i'm so c-cold". Udo laughed and said "Maybe I should have warned you about how cold it was". 

I rolled my eyes and said "Alright what else is there to do that doesn't result in me freezing like ice". Udo began to eat the frozen salad and said "Nothing I guess". Feuer went inside of Udo's hut since it started to heavily snow. Udo said "Looks like the snow storm started". I asked "What do you mean Udo". Udo said "Oh the tundra fey have daily snow storms to keep the temperature cold. We should get inside my hut before the snow storm gets stronger". I got into Udo's hut and was surprised at how big it was. The outside of the hut made it look small. There was a fairly large nest made of twigs placed in the corner of the hut. In the middle there was the small pit where Udo lit a fire for us. Udo than closed the entrance of the hut with a grey curtain. 

After a long silence Udo asked hesitantly "Would it be ok...if I asked you a few questions". I said "I wouldn't mind". Udo cleared his throat then asked "Where are you from". I tensed up from that question. I said "I'm from a place called Senara. It's covered in snow". Udo then asked "Do you hold any special stature there". I straightened myself began to feel evermore tense. 'I don't want to lie to Udo. He's really nice and I know he is just asking a question. What will he think or do if he finds out I'm a princess of a kingdom? He will surly want to kill me then'. I looked down and said "I-I um am not really comfortable answering that Udo". 

Udo sighed and said "I thought you might say that so I'm not upset. However if there is something you think the others and I should know, you need to tell me". I could feel my heart starting to pound heavily in my chest as Udo stared at me with his beautiful light blue eyes. 'What will they do if they find out I'm a princess? Will they hurt me? Will they kill me? I don't want to hurt them. All I have to do is gain their trust and then I can leave without hurting any of them'. I called out Udo's name while feeling myself starting to shake uncontrollably. He looked at me with concern and said "Yes". I started to rock myself back and forth and said "There is something you should know". Udo shifted himself so that he was sitting next to me. 

Before I could continue I felt wrapped his arms around me. He said softly "Please calm down down first before you have a panic attack". Slowly I calmed down and without knowing I nuzzled my head into his chest, listening to his steady heartbeat. After a few more seconds of silence Udo asked "Now that you are calm; what is it you want me to know". I took one last deep breath and said "In Senara, I-I am a princess". I felt Udo tense up. Without thinking I let go of Udo and said "You may want to tell the others about this. I don't want to cause anymore damage than I already have". I looked over at Feuer who was asleep. Finally Udo spoke and said "I will have to tell the others. This can not just stay between us". 

I stared at Udo with honest eyes and said "I know. I will not stop you". Udo then was about to leave the hut when he stopped at the entrance and said "I meeting is about to held. I'm going to tell them there. Please stay here and I'll return after the meeting and tell you what will happen. I'll try and keep the idea of killing you out of their heads". I curled up next to Feuer and said truthfully "You already saved me once Udo. Death sometimes is the best alternative". Then Udo left leaving Feuer and I curled up next to the fire.