Spring

Your POV

As I reached the bottom of the mountain, I was greeted by a large group of fey talking to one another. When they saw me, they all stared at me as I walked past them. As soon as I was past the large group, I was met by a panicked Shrike. She grabbed my shoulders and asked "Y/n, why were you up there? Don't you know only the elders are allowed up there?". I said, "They invited me". Shrike asked, "What? Why would they do that?". I was about to tell Shrike when I remembered the group of fey around us. I whispered, "We can talk about it later". Shrike nodded then I left to go collect plants for medicines.

2 hours later

I was walking towards the forest with the plants, the forest healers had asked for. By now the sun was starting to go down. My bag was nearly touching the ground, making it hard for me to walk. "Do you need a little help?" Connal asked while standing in front of me. I giggled and said, "Yes please". Connal took the bag off my shoulder and together we walked up to the forest biome. "How is Udo?" Connal asked. I said, "He is doing while. Within a week he should be able to teach again". Connal smiled and said "Good. I was worried Borra beat him to death". I said while folding my arms "Borra would never do that. Besides Udo did a number on him. Ini told me that Borra couldn't feel his face for 5 days after the challenge".

Connal chuckled and soon we arrived at one of the healing caves. Connal handed back the bag and said "I'm so excited about the Spring celebration next week". I said while handing the bag over to the healers "I am as well. This will be the first celebration I've ever attended here". Connal chuckled and said, "Our celebrations are very big and festive". I turned to Connal and asked, "So what do you all do for the Spring Celebration?". Connal said, "Well we drink, eat dance, and play music". I asked, "Do certain regions control the different celebrations?". Connal said "Yes actually. The Tundra fey controls the Winter Celebration, the Desert Fey controls the Summer Celebration, the Forest Fey controls the Spring Celebration, and the Rainforest Fey controls the Fall Celebration". 

I said while ducking under a few branches "And what about decorations?". Connal said while following my lead "For Spring we decorate with different colored flowers and like to hang them in front of our cave. We make sweet desserts and check to make sure all the flowers bloom". Connal then turned to me and asked "What do your people do during the Spring?". I giggled and said "Well it's a little different. In Senara, it doesn't really stop snowing until summer but it does get warmer. Warm enough for a few flowers to grow and the leaves to turn from white to green. To be honest I've never really seen what Spring or Summer is like outside of Senara". Connal gave me a small smile and said "Well tonight I'm going out for a fly. I need some fresh air for once". 

I giggled and asked, "Is that an invitation to come along with you?". Connal said while scratching the back of his neck "I'm not sure about that y/n". I said, "How about I make a raft? That should be able to carry me". Connal asked with a smug smile "You can make a raft?". I said, "Of course. A few days when I arrived here, I started making a raft but stopped since I grew to like it here". Connal folded his arms and said, "I'll ask".  I sighed and said "Alright".