Elurra visits

Your POV

'It has been two weeks, and my mother still hasn't visited. I understand that my father is wounded, and I'm ashamed to say I'm getting impatient. Ini and Shrike have been asking me non-stop about my mother. I don't know what more they want to know about her. I don't even know that much about her.' "Y/n, are you asleep?" I heard shrike ask. I opened my eyes, Shrike staring down at me. "No, just thinking," I said, sitting up and looking around at my surroundings. 

The large trees from the forest biome swayed gently back and forth. Forest fey flew through the trees, laughing with one another. Children ran around, playing with one another and grabbing bright pink and red berries from small green bushes. " I collected everything we need. Ini is waiting for us," Shrike said, throwing the large sack of plants over her shoulder. I stood up, and just as we were about to leave, Feuer ran up to me. His fur was turning from red to pink and white. He purred as he rubbed his head against my waist. "Feuer, your fur is beautiful," I said, petting his head gently. "Red Cats are such beautiful creatures. I love how their fur changes color during each season," Shrike said with a large smile. 

Together, Shrike, Feuer, and I walked to the desert biome. We walked down the rock-like staircase that led into the bright and colorful rainforest. "Y/n, now that you have wings, you can fly with Ini and I, right?" Shrike asked with one of her large smiles. "Yes, true I have wings, but I don't know how to fly," I said, with a sad smile across my face. "We could have taught you, Y/n," Shrike said. "Well, you see-," Shrike cut me off. "Oh, that gives me an idea. Once we get back to the desert, I can teach you how to fly," Shrike squealed happily. "Uh, Shrike, I'm not so sure that's a good idea-," Shrike cut me off again. "Nothing you can do or say will change my mind. Now, let's go," Shrike said, taking my hand and dragging me to the desert biome. 

Udo POV

Ini and I were working inside one of the healing caves. "Ini, pass me the RedHorns, please," I asked. "Here you go," Ini said while handing me the plant. I took the plant and began to mix it into a liquid. "Hey, Udo?" Ini called out to me from the other side of the cave. "Yes, Ini?" I responded. "Borra told me about the hornless fey. Did you really meet her?" Ini asked. "Yes," I said, finishing mixing the liquid. "What was she like? Is she as beautiful as the stories say?" Ini asked, looking over at me. "She is as beautiful as the stories say. She was very kind to me. Instead of worrying about her own wounds, she tended to everyone else's," I said, putting the liquid into a holding cup. "I would love to meet her and see her powers," Ini said. 

A knock on the side of the cave got Ini and I's attention. It was one of the other healers. "Hello, Shrike and Y/n wanted me to give these to you," the healer said, placing the bag of plants next to the entrance of the cave. "Why didn't Shrike and Y/n deliver them themselves?" Ini asked, raising a brow. "Oh, Shrike took Y/n to the highest part of the desert biome. She didn't say why but I think it was to teach y/n how to fly," the healer said. "WHAT? FLY?" I screamed, quickly standing up. "Udo, what's the problem? Shrike is just teaching y/n how to fly. There's no harm in that," Ini said. "No, y/n's mother doesn't want y/n to fly yet! She was going to teach y/n!" I screamed as I ran out of the cave. I ran through the desert biome, screaming y/n's name. 'Queen Elurra gave me one task, and I couldn't even do that. Shrike better not have done anything to hurt y/n or else.

Your POV

Shrike and I stood on the highest cliff in the desert biome. I was standing right by the edge while Shrike stood behind me. I watched from above, fey walking around on the ground below. "Now isn't really the best time for me to fly," I said, trying to change Shrike's mind. "There is never a bad time to fly, y/n. All you have to do is jump off the cliff and open your wings. It's a lot easier than you think," Shrike said with a smile. "Shrike, my mother is going to teach me how to fly when she arrives here," I squeaked. "Until then, consider this practice," Shrike said with a smug smile.