Healing

Udo POV

Borra, Ini, Shrike, and I surrounded Queen Ingrid. Fear clouded her face as we drew closer and closer towards her. I was about to grab her when I heard the sound of glass breaking nearby. I turned to Borra, letting him know I was going to see what had happened. I ran through the halls, stepping over broken glass. I was about to pass another hallway, but something told me to stop. I looked down the hallway where a greenhouse was. I carefully stepped over the broken shards of glass since I had no shoes on. I stopped, not wanting to walk any further once I saw a man's lifeless body. Before I could do anything else, a loud, high-pitched scream clouded my ears. 

I covered them, throwing myself on the ground as everything began to shake violently. I looked outside to see humans and fey running but being swallowed up by a large gust of white wind. I covered my head. The white gust of wind blew my way, shattering the remaining glass windows and swallowing me into the white abyss. 

The white gust of wind felt cold against my skin. I felt a stinging pain in my back. I used one hand to touch my back and found that the greenhouse ceiling's remaining glass landed in my back. I feared to look up at my surroundings, not knowing what would happen if I did. The screams of humans and fey running from the white gust of wind had stopped, and now there was only the sound of blowing wind. After a few more seconds of hiding, I felt something light and soft hit my hand. Hesitantly, I looked up, seeing snowfall onto my hand. Not being afraid anymore, I slowly stood up and found myself in a white mist. I started to slowly walk forward, not knowing what was ahead of me. I stuck my hand out, grabbing the entrance of the greenhouse that led to the outside. Ahead of me, I could see the figures of humans and fey frozen in place. 

They were like ice sculptures, just standing in place, with fear forever frozen on their faces. I turned to the left, hearing crying coming from the middle of the courtyard. Wrapping my robe tightly around me, I walk towards the crying. The closer I got, the more I could see the figure of a woman crouched next to something. Once I was close enough, I was about to touch the woman's shoulder when something stood out to me. Her back had two red marks that were bleeding and stained her blue dress. Her hair was down, white, and covered her face. She was wearing the dress that Ini and Shrike had given y/n...

"Y-y/n?" I asked hesitantly. She turned to me, still crying but more quietly. "Udo?" she questioned back. I knelt to her, putting my hands on her shoulders. "What are you doing here?" I asked. She didn't respond. I turned to see what she was looking at and saw a large pile of ashes. "My mother and father are dead because of Queen Ingrid," y/n said, crying harder than she already was. I was going to bring her into a hug, but then she screamed. "MY PARENTS ARE DEAD, AND THERE IS NOTHING I CAN DO! QUEEN INGRID SMILED AS SHE KILLED MY MOTHER IN FRONT OF ME! THEN SHE HAD MY FATHER THROWN FROM A TOWER!" y/n screamed, echoing threw out the entire misty land. The snow that was lightly falling turned into a full blizzard. I quickly wrapped my arms around her and rocked her back forth gently. "This won't help bring them back, y/n. I understand you're in pain right now but freezing everything and everyone will only leave you with nothing," I said calmly. The blizzard soon turned back into a small and light snowfall. 

"But I can't rule a kingdom without my parents. I can't leave them. I'm too scared," y/n said, nuzzling into my chest. "I'll be there for you, so don't be scared," I said, gently rubbing over the two red marks on her back. "You just have to trust me," I said. Y/n's crying soon turned into sniffles. Her hands ran over the wounds I got from the greenhouse glass. The calmer she got, the warmer my back got. I used one of my hands to feel my wounds, but they were gone. Y/n took her hands from my back and began to look around at what she had done. "Your right. I can't live like this," y/n said, standing up. She clapped her hands together, and the white mist disappeared. The bright blue sky returned, along with the yellow sun. Everyone that was frozen became unfrozen, and they began to cheer. The phoenix flew down towards us with a blonde-haired girl on her back, and everyone bowed to her. Everyone's cheers soon stop when they turned and looked at y/n. 

Y/n knelt to her mother's ashes and put her hands on them. She closed her eyes, and everything became silent. Soon the ashes began to come together, swirling in a circular motion. The ashes turned from black to white and began to spin faster and faster until we were all blinded by a bright light. I opened my eyes to see the same woman that was in y/n's locket standing in front of her. She smiled sweetly at y/n and opened her arms for a hug. Y/n immediately ran into her mother's arms and hugged her as tightly as she could. "Mother, I'm so sorry," y/n said, tears building in her eyes. Y/n's mother kissed her y/n's forehead then slowly, with y/n walked over to the greenhouse where the man's lifeless body was. I, like the many others, kept my distance but followed them. Y/n's mother knelt towards the man's lifeless body. She put her small hands against the sides of his neck. "Is he dead?" y/n asked, her voice cracking. "No, but nor is he alive. His soul is near, but he can not return to his body. We need to-" y/n's mother was cut off by y/n, who started to scream in pain. 

Y/n fell to her side, continuing to scream in pain. Without thinking, I ran towards y/n, trying to figure out what was wrong. I looked at her back, which was starting to bleed even more. Tears poured from her eyes as she continued to bleed. Her mother came over to us and looked at her back." How long has her back been like this?". "A few days," I said. Y/n's screaming stopped as she fell unconscious in my arms. I started to panic, not knowing what to do. "Excuse me, I believe I might be able to help," a brown-haired man said as she slowly walked up to us. "Who are you?' I asked, holding y/n's body close to me. "I am Prince Philip, please allow me to help you," Prince Philip pleaded. "Very well, as the Queen Of Senara, I ask that you prepare two beds for both my husband and daughter," y/n's mother said. Prince Philip nodded, calling over a slightly wounded dark skin man and giving him the order. The dark skin man and a few other guards came and picked up y/n's father. Y/n's mother turned to me but said nothing. I stared back at her, our blue eyes locked with one another. 

"Take my daughter alongside her father," was all she said as she stood and walked out of the greenhouse. She spoke calmly and gently. I picked y/n up, bridal style, and just as I was about to follow the men carrying y/n's father, y/n's mother spoke loudly and boldly. "THE MEN WHO HAVE TRAVELED HERE FROM SENARA SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF THEMSELVES. YOU HAVE LEFT YOUR HOMES, WIVES, AND FAMILIES FOR WHAT? ON THIS DAY, YOU HAVE TRIED TO KILL MY PEOPLE. YOU ALL BRING SHAME TO YOUR KINGDOM, KING, AND FAMILIES. NOW, WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO SAY FOR YOURSELVES?" y/n's mother screamed out to the guards from the kingdom she ruled. "We are sorry, Queen Elurra. Please forgive us," the guards from Senara said, bowing down to her. Without stalling any longer, I followed the men carrying y/n's father, trying to process everything that had just happened. A maid pointed the men in front of me towards one room while another pointed me to a room on the opposite side of the hall. I walked into the room, walking over to the neatly made bed, placing y/n on it. I laid her on her stomach, as to not cause any more discomfort to her back. I heard footsteps behind and saw that it was y/n's mother, standing behind me. She then stepped beside me, looking down at y/n. "What's wrong with her?" I asked. "She's about to get her wings. At this rate, she should have her wings by tomorrow morning," y/n's mother said. Quickly realizing I forgot to introduce myself, I bowed and stated my name. "Please forgive me. My name is Udo. I'm a...friend of your daughter," I said, not sure if now was a good time to tell y/n's mother we were in love. "Hello, Udo. I am Elurra. Queen of Senara and y/n's mother. The fey know me as the hornless fey," Queen Elurra said. I was then about to leave to give Queen Elurra alone time with y/n when she put her hand on my shoulder. "No, don't leave. Someone else should be here to help me with y/n," Queen Elurra said. I nodded and shyly stayed by Queen Elurra's side.