Your ok

Your POV

"Udo.........................................Udo.............................UDO!!!!" I screamed in Udo's ear, causing him to wake up. He held his now ringing ear and said "You didn't need to scream in my ear. That hurt". I kissed his head and said "Sorry but it's time for you to get up. The healers told me to bring you back to the healing cave in 2 weeks so they can check on your wounds". Udo laid back down and said, "All I need is rest. I'll be fine". I said, "I'll be back in 5 minutes and you better be up and dress or else I'll drag you out of your nest". I then left Udo's hut and sat outside of his hut. "Y/n! Y/n! Y/n!" Mika, a little tundra fey girl ran up to me screaming with open arms. "Are you going to teach me to dance today?" Mika asked, hugging me tightly. 

I gave Mika a small smile and said "I'm so sorry sweetheart but today I have to take Udo to the healing cave". Mika's smile faded and she said "Why can't someone else do it? I want to stay with you. My older brother doesn't want to dance with me and my mummy says that because of the baby in her tummy she can't dance with me either". I giggled and said, "For the time being I am Udo's caretaker so It's my job to look after him". I then asked, "Don't you miss going to flying lessons with Udo?". Mika said while playing with her french braided snow-white hair "Yes but that was before I realized how fun dance was". I said, "How about you go help your mum. I'm sure she'd appreciate it. After all she should give birth any day now". Mika smiled and said, "Ok. Bye Y/n!". Then she ran off to her family. I turned to Udo's hut and asked loud enough for Udo to hear "Udo are you awake?". A loud snore answered my question. I rolled my eyes and went into his hut. Then began to pull on his leg, trying to get him out of his nest. 

"Udo I warned you," I said as I pulled harder on his leg. He grunted and said "5 more minutes". I said while jumping on his back "You said that 5 minutes ago Udo". Udo sighed and said "Ok. I'm up now". He sat up, stretching his arms and wings causing me to fall in his nest. He said, "Alright I'll get dress". As Udo looked for his shirt I looked at his back, staring at the small cuts and half-healed bruises left on his back from the challenge.  Udo caught me staring and said, "It doesn't hurt as much as it uses to". I said, "I'll believe it when the healers say so". Udo put on his shirt and together we walked to the healing cave. 

At the Healing Cave

"Alright. Your ribs are still fractured but you should be able to teach the children by next week" The healer said while pressing lightly on Udo's sides. I asked, "What about his back? Will he be able to fly". The healer moved to face Udo's back and began to press on it, along with his wings making Udo groan in discomfort. The healer said, "He will still be able to fly. However, there may be some discomfort when he opens his wings". Udo said, "I'll be ok with that". The healer turned to me and said "His knuckle wounds are still open so continue giving him the herbs I gave you". I nodded and then turned to Udo. I said, "After I take you back to your hut, I'm going to the rainforest to collect some more herbs". 

Udo said while putting his shirt back on "Alright. I'm sure Feuer can keep me company in the hut". Then we left the healing cave, going back to Udo's hut. As we walked in between the different huts Udo asked "Y/n did you ask to be my caretaker?". I responded, "Yes. Why? Do you no longer want me to be your caretaker". Udo chuckled and said, "Of course I want you to be my caretaker it's just after all that happen you still want to care for me". I wrapped my arm around his arm and said "I love you Udo. I know you only did what you had to do to protect me so I'm not upset". Udo kissed the side of my head and said "I'm so happy I fell in love with you". I giggled and we continued to Udo's hut. 

Once we were at his hut, he crawled in and sat next to Feuer who was asleep in his nest. I said, "Ok Udo, I'm about to leave". Udo said, "Ok". I then began to walk to the rainforest. Everything was fun until my walking came to a halt when I stopped right in front of a large drop. Luckily the tundra fey made snow staircase for me so I could come and leave the tundra as I pleased. I walked down the staircase and into the jungle biome. I walked up to a tree and saw a coconut. I knew Udo liked coconut to drink early in the morning and decided to get one for him. I began to climb the tree and just as I was about to grab the coconut I heard a frail "Excuse me, your y/n yes?". I looked down and saw an elder rainforest fey. 'Udo told me about the elders. They are very well respected here. I also remember Udo telling me they had spiritual powers'. I said "Y-yes. I'm y/n". The elder asked, "Would you mind coming with me?". I said, "Not at all. Just let me grab this coconut". I got the coconut and then climbed back down the tree to be met by the elder standing in front of me. He had a large robe that covered his entire body and was made of red, and golden dyed cotton. His horns were long and cured almost like Shrikes. His wings were the same color as his robes but also was mixed with a mint green color. 

I tucked the coconut into my collection bag. The elder turned and we started to walk up a hill that only elders went to. I said, "Um...only elders are allowed up there". The elder chuckled and said, "Well I'm inviting you to come and join me up here". We then began to walk up the path, passing bowls with different colored flowers in them and pits with fires ignited in them. Once we reached the top, I saw other elders from the different regions of the island sitting in a circle. I looked past them and was now looking over the entire jungle. It was so beautiful to look at. The rainforest elder tapped my shoulder and said "Will you sit with us?".