Return

No One POV

You'd managed to convince your friend group to let Prince Sable stay in the lodge for the remainder of the trip. The rest of the week passed quietly. The six of you devised a plan to end the arranged marriage. It wasn't easy, of course. The plan had to stop the 'engagement' between you and Prince Sable and not cause a war. After many sleepless days and nightless, your plan was finalized and ready to be put into action.

Step One: Return to Senara----------------------

Udo was sitting on your bed, ensuring everything was packed and ready to go. You stepped out from your changing curtain in modern clothes, making you look like one of the common folk. "Is everyone else ready to leave?" You asked, tieing your hair into a bun (Or not for my short-haired readers). "Yes, they're waiting for us outside. The snowstorm has passed, so we'll be able to reach Senara before nightfall," Udo answered, finishing with the luggage. Udo looked up at you with an uncertain expression. "Are you sure about this plan, my love?" Udo asked, raising a brow. "Yes, why?" You tilted your head to the side.

Udo pressed his lips into a thin line before speaking. "Anything can go wrong, y/n. One wrong move and all of this will be for nothing. This plan puts mainly you, your family, and your kingdom at risk if something goes wrong," Udo turned to face you with a worried expression. "I don't want anything to happen to you, your family, or your kingdom," Udo continued. You sighed, walked over to Udo, and placed a hand on his shoulder. "I know you're worried, Udo. I am too. However, this plan is the best option to stop this arranged marriage," You spoke softly. Udo stood, placing a hand on your cheek. "This is the beginning to the end. We must both be strong. Can you be strong for me, Udo?" You asked, placing a hand on his cheekbone. Udo hummed, leaning into the palm of your hand. "Always and forever, my love," Udo answered.

After those encouraging words, you and Udo left your room, luggage in hand. The two of you left the lodge, locking it behind you. The leftover snow crunched beneath your boots as you and Udo made your way to the stables. There, Ini, Shrike, Borra, and Prince Sable waited next to their horses. "Are we ready to go?" You asked, taking the reins of one of the remaining horses. "Yes," Shrike said, getting onto her horse, and the others followed suit. As you and Udo mounted your horses, you turned to Prince Sable. "Do you remember what you must do?" You asked. "Yes, Princess," Prince Sable nodded his head toward you. "Good. We should make it back to Senara by nightfall. So, let's move," You said, leading your group back to Senara.

The ride to Senara was calm and silent. The sun fell into the sea, and the moon soon replaced it. The stars twinkled in the night sky. The moon bathed the way to Senara in its beautiful, delicate moonlight. Once you and your group were close enough to Senara, Prince Sable separated from the group to fulfill his part of the plan.

You and your group rode as quietly as possible through the streets of Senara until you reached the gates of the castle stables. Two Senaran guards stood by the sides of your mother. Her face was barely visible due to the dark blue cloak she wore over her nightgown. She signaled for them to open the gates and let you enter.

Once you unmounted your horse, your mother ran to hug you. "I hope you and your friends enjoyed your stay at the lodge," Your mother said, squeezing you tightly before releasing you. "We did. We had a lot of time to catch up with one another," You said, letting go of your mother. "Well, I'm sure you're all tired from your journey. All the nobles are asleep, so you don't have to worry about being seen by anyone," Your mother said before turning to you and Udo. "Gale and I wish to see you two after you've had sufficient rest tomorrow. We'll come by your room to talk," Your mother said, turning on her heel and walking into the castle, the rest of you following suit.

------------------------------------------

You started to stir awake as someone kissed your cheek and stroked their fingers through your hair. You opened one eye to see Udo smiling sweetly at you. "Good morning, my love," Udo greeted you with another gentle kiss on your cheek. "Good morning, handsome," You giggled, still half-asleep. There was a peaceful silence in the room. You could see the sunlight creeping through your curtains through your one open eye. At that moment, you didn't want to get out of bed or do anything. You just wanted to stay in bed with Udo.