Pain

No One POV

"She......has............................concussion,"
"Will...............................be..............................ok?"
"She..........................................stay......................bed.......................days,"

You could only hear a few words between the high-pitched ringing in your ear. 

"There......................be.........................something.........................we....................do,"
"I'm.............................not......................sure,"

Slowly, the ringing stopped, and the words became clear.

"I..........won't.............stand...........for........this,"
"I'll.............be.................damned..........before.............I........let......this...happen,"

You could hear Udo's voice. 

You partially opened your eyes as you regained consciousness. You let out a pained whimper as you felt a throbbing pain in the back of your head. Although blurry, you saw Udo rush to your side. "Y/n," Udo said softly. You opened your mouth to say something, but all that came out was a dry gasp. You felt one of Udo's large hands clasp yours. "My love," Udo whispered with a hurt tone. The throbbing pain subsided only for a moment, but it was long enough for you to speak. "U-Udo," You croaked, fully opening your eyes and seeing Udo much more clearly. Udo was still dressed in his attire from last night. You could see the fresh streams of tears rolling down Udo's cheekbones. You looked around at your surroundings, but nothing was familiar except Udo. "Where.....am.......I?" You asked between labored breaths. "Shhh, try not to speak, love," Udo pleaded. When you tried to speak again, you only managed to let out a whimper as the throbbing pain returned. Your vision began to blur, and your eyes closed again. The last thing you heard was Udo calling for help as you lost consciousness again. 

Udo POV

"She's losing consciousness!" I called out to the doctor. He immediately came over, checking her bandaged head. "Did she say anything?" The doctor asked. "She asked where she was," I answered. We were in Y/n's room. It was only the doctor and me. Queen Elurra couldn't stand the sight of her daughter in this state, so she left the room. It was early dawn, the sky slowly turning orange, readying itself to show the sun. 

I watched teary-eyed as the doctor continued to examine Y/n's head. The gauze around her head was partially soaked in blood. "Well?" I questioned the doctor. "The princess needs rest. We should leave her for now," The doctor left Y/n's side and began to pack his medical bag. I stayed by Y/n's side, not wanting to leave her. The doctor started walking towards the door but stopped when he noticed I wasn't following him. "Please, sir. She needs rest," The doctor repeated. I gave Y/n's hand a gentle squeeze before reluctantly letting go of her hand. I followed the doctor out of the room and closed the door behind me. 

I could hear sobbing throughout the hallway as the doctor went his way.  I followed the noise to what I assumed was King Gale and Queen Elurra's bedroom. The white and silver door had been left open, letting me see what was happening inside the room without intruding. Queen Elurra was crying in her rocking chair. A few maids and royales tried to calm her down, one of them being Maleficent. Queen Elurra clutched the arms of the rocking chair, turning them into ice as her knuckles turned white. Honestly, she looked miserable. I could see that the women around Queen Elurra weren't helping, so I stepped into the room without announcing myself. "Excuse me, ladies. I think Queen Elurra needs some time to herself. I think you should leave and return to your rooms," I said calmly but sternly. One of the royals turned to me with a scowl on her. "Who are you to tell us what to do? Someone as low as you does not deserve the right even to be here-" I cut the woman off. I opened my wings, and with a threatening posture, I spoke again. "I said to leave immediately," I said coldly. All the women hurried out of the room except Maleficent, who stayed by Queen Elurra's side.