Listen and Learn

1 Week Later, Your POV

"Alright, y/n, let's try that again," My mother said. At this moment, my mother and I stood on top of a large cliff in the desert biome. "Remember, open your wings to glide and flap them if you want to fly," My mother said. I took a deep breath before jumping off the cliff. Once I felt close enough to the ground, I opened my wings and glided to the opposite cliff, landing perfectly. I turned to see my mother smiling proudly at me before giving me my next set of instructions. "Now, come back to this cliff," My mother shouted to me. Feeling confident in my flying skills, I jumped, repeating my actions once more. I landed gracefully next to my mother. "This is far easier than I expected," I said happily. "Maleficent was right. You are a quick learner," My mother said with a smile. 

"What will we do now?" I asked, tieing my hair into a ponytail. "We are going to play a little game I'd play when I was younger," My mother said. My mother braided her hair and used her magic to make two sets of clothes appear. She handed me one of the pairs of clothes. The clothes were just a brown leather corset and a pair of black pants. The pants were like Borra's but smaller. "Mother, isn't there suppose to be a shirt? This is only a corset," I said, confused. My mother giggled at my confusion as she walked behind a stone wall. "There is a reason why we're only wearing a corset. The game we're about to play will require a lot of movement. The clothes you wear, the better," My mother said as she changed into the new clothes. Hesitantly I walked behind and different stone wall and changed as well. Soon both my mother and I emerged from the stone walls, wearing the new clothes. 

"So, what is this game you are talking about?" I asked. "The game is called Snatch. What you have to do is follow me and try and snatch this blue ribbon from me while we fly around the Nest of Origin," My mother said while tieing a blue ribbon around her hand. "Ok, sounds easy," I said with a smile. "Glad you think so. READY! SET! GO!" My mother shouted as she jumped off the cliff. I quickly jumped off the cliff and began following her. My mother turned to look at me with a smile. "I'm getting that ribbon from you one way or another!" I shouted at my mother with a smile. "Really, let's test that!" My mother shouted as she flew into one of the tunnels. I dove after her, not caring how fast I was going. 

My mother and I began to fly through a series of tunnels, occasionally taunting each other. "Are you feeling tired already, Y/n?" My mother asked. "You wish!" I shouted at her. The tunnel we were currently in ended in the forest. We were now flying past the trees and branches. I began to flap my wings, picking up speed, so I was close enough to grab the ribbon. My mother looked at me and smiled. "You might want to keep your eyes ahead of you!" My mother point in front of me, showing me that I was about to hit a tree. I squeaked as I opened my wings, letting my mother have a great advantage in front of me. I landed on the ground, watching my mother fly far ahead of me and into another tunnel. 'Wait, that tunnel leads to the tundra!' I thought to myself with a smile.

I began to run through the forest biome without hesitation before jumping off the edge and flying towards the tundra. As I flew through the tundra, it began to snow, making it hard to see. Just as I was about to fly past another tunnel, fey crashed into me, making us both fall to the snow-covered ground. Quickly getting up, I saw that I had bumped into my mother. I was just about to grab the ribbon when my mother grabbed my arm. She stared at me, her blue eyes starting to glow through the heavy snowfall. "I underestimated you, y/n. I think it's time for you to use your powers," My mother said, hiding the hand with the ribbon on it behind her back. "Come and take the ribbon," My mother said, letting my arm go. 

I ran up to my mother, attempting to push her, but she used her magic to push me back. I fell on my backside, feeling a cold, burning sensation in my stomach area. I hissed from the slight discomfort but stood up. Opening my hand, a blue fireball started to appear in my hand. Without thinking, I threw the fireball at my mother. It hit her shoulder, and she hissed in pain. "Nice shot, but it'll take than that to knock me down, y/n," My mother said as she created a fireball just like mine except bigger. By now, fey from every biome began to gather around us. Looking closely, I could see a burn mark starting to appear on my mother's shoulder. I was so busy looking at my mother's burn mark that I didn't notice the large fireball coming towards me. The fireball hit my stomach, pushing me back further than before. The burning sensation was now even more painful than before. I groaned in pain as I continued to lay in the snow. I could hear the sound of snow crunching coming towards me. I looked up and saw my mother with an apologetic expression on her face.

She bent down next to me, checking the damage she caused. "Oh, y/n, I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have pushed you this far to use your powers," My mother said. "It's ok," I said, trying to hide my smile. "Come on, let's get you back to your hut," My mother began to stand me up, which gave me a chance to strike back. "No, mother, I'll show you how far you've pushed me," I said, finally looking up at her. She looked at me in shock as she watched my appearance turn. My hair turned white, and my eyes turned blue. I had a smile on my face as I let my power build into both of my hands. "Y/N! HOW ARE YOU DOING THAT!" My mother screamed as my magic grew bigger and bigger. "I practiced a little on my own," I said as I began to push my magic towards my mother. As the blue magic hit my mother, everyone was blinded by a bright blue light. 

When I was finally able to see, I nearly fell unconscious. My mother was lying in the snow and wasn't moving. I ran up to my mother and began to tear up. "Mother! I'm so sorry! Please wake up!" I screamed as I began to try. "That was incredible, y/n," My mother said as she sat up from the snow. Her body was covered in frost and snow, yet there was a smile on her face. I quickly hugged my mother, who hugged my back. "I thought I killed you," I said, wiping my tears away. "Nope, although your magic powers were very deadly," My mother said. "You still have much to learn. You need to learn to control your powers, alright?" My mother continued. I nodded my head and smiled at my mother. Sneakily I grabbed the ribbon from my mother's hand. "I win," I giggled.