The Truth

Udo POV

Without a second thought, I was in my fighting stance. King Gale stopped walking and looked at me, confused. "What in heavens name are you doing?" King Gale raised a brow. "I'm not going to let you kill me without a fight," I said. King Gale lowered the dagger. "You think I'm going to kill you?" King Gale then chuckled as he continued. "The only reason I have this dagger is that I forgot my letter opener," King Gale stepped aside, revealing letters on his desk. I sheepishly came out of my fighting stance. "Sorry, I-I thought," I stuttered. "It's alright, Udo. However, there is something I wished to speak to you about," King Gale said, tossing the dagger on the desk. He pulled out two chairs and sat in one. I sat in the other, and King Gale spoke. 

"I need you to be honest with me. Is there anything going on between you and y/n?" King Gale leaned forward from his chair. I couldn't speak for a moment. I wasn't sure what to say. However, he was going to find out the truth sooner or later. "Yes, King Gale. Y/n and I are together, and I wish for her to be my mate," I said, a weight lifting off my chest. King Gale starred at me for a moment before asking another question. "How long have you and y/n been together?" King Gale asked. "4 months," I answered. King Gale sighed heavily before asking another question. "During the time that you and y/n were alone, did you two have sex?" King Gale starred at me narrow-eyed. "No," I said, starting to blush. King Gale grunted before standing up from his chair. 

He walked over to his window and began to speak. "Do you love y/n?" King Gale asked. "Yes, with all my heart," I say. "Then in Ulstead, you shall prove it to me. I need to know that you will not hurt her," King Gale said, still not facing me. "I would never do such a thing," I said, standing from my chair. "Good, then you have no problem with my challenge. You should go and rest," King Gale said. I walked towards the door, unlocking it. I grabbed the bronze handle and was about to walk towards my room. However, King Gale spoke a final time. "Y/n is my little girl, Udo. She is my only child, and I will do anything to protect her," King Gale said before the door closed behind me. 

No One POV

In the blink of an eye, almost a week had passed. Ulstead was only a day away, and you were excited. Currently, it was nighttime, and you were with Feuer in your room. "Mary, could you run me a bath, please?" You shouted from my room. "Yes, your Highness," The maid had responded. You shifted through your wardrobe, looking for something to wear for dinner tonight. 

Your POV

I'd finally found a dress to wear. I held the dress up, examining it.

"What do you think, Feuer? Will Udo like it?" I asked Feuer

"What do you think, Feuer? Will Udo like it?" I asked Feuer. He sniffed the dress before meowing loudly. "Good," I said with a smile. "Your Highness, your bath is ready," Mary said from the crack of my door. "Ok," I said, leading Feuer outside of my room. Instead of walking towards the washroom, I walked towards Udo's room. Feuer purred with confusion but still followed. Once I was in front of Udo's door, I knocked gently. Within seconds, Udo opened the door. He smiled when he saw me. "Hello, love. What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be getting ready for dinner?" Udo asked, leaning against the door frame. "Well, for the past few days, you have been avoiding me. I wanted to know why. I also came here to invite you to bathe with me," My heart began to pound in my chest. Udo's face went dark red. 'It was true. Ever since we boarded the ship, Udo had barely said a word to me.' 

"My love, I assure you that you have done nothing," Udo paused before continuing. "And I would love to join you," Udo said sheepishly. I clapped my hand excitedly. "Great, do you have your clothes?" I asked. "Yes," Udo then held out his clothes to me. "Then, let's go," I said, taking Udo's arm and quietly leading him to the washroom. I locked the door and took in the room. There was a large wooden tub full of hot water. In the far right corner of the room lay a fluffy blue pillow. Next to it was a bowl of milk meant for Feuer. Feuer ran over and sat on the cushion. Next to the tub was a table with different soaps and shampoos. 

"Udo, you can go first," I said, turning around. I blushed, hearing Udo taking off his clothes and getting in the tub. "Ok, now it's your turn," Udo said from the tub. "Are your eyes closed?" I asked. "Yes," Udo chuckled. I unlaced my dress, letting it fall to my feet. I stepped into the hot water, sitting on the opposite side of Udo. "Alright, you can open your eyes," I reassured Udo. 

There was a long silence between Udo and me. Neither of us made eye contact with one another. I held my legs closely towards my body and let my head rest on my knees. Udo's body took up most of the tub. However, he did try to leave me as much room as possible. "Y/n, I need to tell you something," Udo said, starting to unbraid his hair. "Ok, what is it?" I asked, shifting slightly. "After the celebration, I brought you back to the ship. Your father called me to his room and asked me about our relationship," Udo admitted to me. "And what did you say?" I asked worriedly. Udo took a deep breath before speaking. "I told him everything," Udo looked away from me. "W-what did he say?" I began to stutter. "King Gale did not say much. However, he did say that he was going to have a challenge for me," Udo continued. "What? Why would he challenge you?" I asked, pouring some shampoo into my hair. "He wants to see if I'm good enough for you," Udo stated sadly. I moved closer, placing a hand on his cheek. 

"Udo?" I called out to him. He looked up at me. "You're more than enough for me," I then kissed his cheek. Udo chuckled, wrapping his arms and wings around me. "I'm glad you think so, my love," Udo kissed my forehead. Udo then took a bottle of soap and began to wash my back. "Did my father ask you about anything else?" I asked, sighing against Udo's chest. "Well, he did ask if we had sex," I cringed at Udo's answer. "Um, but w-we never...," I started to become flustered. "I know," Udo said, also cringing. I pulled myself away from Udo enough to look up at his face. "Um, d-do you want t-to?" I asked nervously. 'Shit, I forgot to tell Udo that I'm a virgin. Maybe he already knows?' Udo cleared his throat loudly at my question. "Well, only if you're comfortable," Udo said, brushing some of my hair behind my ear. "Also, I've been meaning to ask you something," Udo continued. "What is it?" I asked.  

"I wanted to ask if you'd be my mate," Udo looked down at me with hopeful eyes. My heart skipped a beat. "What would happen if I did become your mate?" I asked. "Then our relationship would be recognized by the elders. You'd become chieftess of Tundra as well," Udo said, combing my hair with his fingers. "What about when I become Queen of Senara? What will happen to our relationship?" I asked. "Let us not think about that, my love. We shall figure something out when the time comes," Udo kissed my forehead once again. I leaned my head against Udo's chest, listening to his heartbeat. "Udo, I'd love to be your mate," I whispered. Udo wrapped his wings around me, pulling me closer towards him. Using one of his hands, he lifted my head. I looked into his sky blue eyes with nothing but love. "I love you, y/n," Udo whispered in my ear. "I love you too, my beloved mate," I whispered back with a giggle.