Getting Settled

It's been 2 weeks since you were brought to the Home of the Fey. The forest and rainforest fey have been more than kind and helpful to you. The tundra fey are a little warry around you but they can be nice to you at times. The desert fey don't like you very much. They stay away from you and in your heart you know they want to kill you. 

Your POV

I sat next to a log in the rainforest biome. Shrike had asked for my help with something and she told me to meet her here. After a few more seconds of sitting Shrike came and landed next to me, holding a brown sack. I asked curiously "Shrike, what's the sack for". Shrike said "Well since you'll probably be here for a while, I thought that it would be best that you get a role and help out some". I asked with a slight smile "And what is it you want me to do exactly". Shrike opened the sack and said "I know that your arm wound isn't fully healed yet so that why you are going to help with inventory for the healers. You will collect the things we need to make medicine. If you do good with collecting then you'll probably be able to create medicine". I sighed and took the sack. I asked "Ok, what do I need to collect". 

Shrike then handed me a list with different drawings and different plants. She said "Collect these and only these. Most of the plants on that list is in the rainforest biome. A few are in the forest and desert but I already collected those for you. One of the plants are in the tundra biome and its close to the ground so don't worry about falling". I nodded my head and was about to start gathering the plants when Shrike quickly said "Oh before you leave I should warn you about the Red Cats. They are pretty big and could seriously hurt you. If you see one run and don't stop until you know your safe". 

A little shaken I nodded my head and began to collect the plants. Some of the plants were easy to find but others were so blended in with rainforest I barley noticed them. Soon I finished collecting everything from the rainforest biome and started walking towards the tundra biome. As I walked it felt like something or someone was following me. I turned around slightly and saw a pair of big bright yellow eyes hiding behind a bush. As soon as I saw those eyes, I through the sack over my back and ran. As I ran I felt the vibrations of something else running after me. I was so busy running I didn't notice that I was running in the opposite direction of the tundra biome. I was running towards the desert biome. 

I jumped over rocks and slid under low branches but the creature behind me didn't slow down. Soon I was met with end of the rainforest biome. I turned around and saw one of the Red Cats that Shrike was talking about. I closed my eyes, not wanting to see what was going to happen to me. Just as I thought I was going to feel pain, instead I felt something purring against my waist. I opened my eyes to be met with the same pair of golden eyes from before. The cat had beautiful red fur covering it's entire body. It's tail moved from side to side as it continued to purr. I carefully began to pet it's head. 

After a while of petting it I heard a set of wings coming near me. I looked to my side and saw Shrike landing next to me. When she saw the Red Cat she quickly backed away from me. I said with a small smile "Shrike don't worry it's friendly". She said "Y/n are you sure petting it is a good idea. It could turn on you at any second". I put the sack down next to me, got on my knees, and continued to pet the Red Cat. I said rubbing it's ear "I think the Red Cats are misunderstood. Just like the fey and just like the humans". 

Shrike took the sack and said "You truly are different from most humans y/n. You can see the all species and races are different but should be treated with kindness". I stopped petting the Red Cat and said "I've never known of the Dark Feys excitants until 2 weeks ago. You all are misunderstood. You all just want to protect on another and I can't judge for that". Shrike nodded her head, understanding what I was saying. She said "Connal and Udo have asked for you in the forest biome". I nodded my head and before Shrike left I asked "Shrike, would it be ok if I kept this Red Cat". She said "It's up to you". Then she left and I headed towards the forest with my new pet. 

Once in the forest biome, I was met by Connal and Udo standing near the hut that I was staying in. I said "Hello Connal, Udo. Shrike said you wanted to me". Connal said "Yes, we just wanted to see how you were doing". I said with a smile "I'm doing well. My head wound has healed. My stomach is still a little bruised and my arm hasn't changed". Connal nodded his head and then asked "How has everyone been treating you". I said "Well the forest and rainforest fey have been kind, the tundra fey are kind too but also are warry of me, and the desert fey ignore me". The Red Cat was starting to walk towards Udo and Connal which caused them to back away from me.

I rolled my eyes and asked "Are you all afraid of these creatures". Udo said "Yes, everyone knows what those Red Cats can do to you". I said petting the Red Cat's head "Well this one is friendly. When I first saw this creature I thought that I was trying to kill me but it actually just wanted to be pet". Connal then sighed and said "Just be carful around the Red Cats". I nodded my head and asked "Um will that be all you wanted to ask me". Connal said "I've asked all my questions so I'll take my leave". Then Connal left, leaving Udo and I alone.

Udo asked while looking down "So y/n, I was wondering if you'd like to come to the tundra biome tomorrow". I asked while still petting the Red Cat "Why do you want me to come to the tundra". Udo said while rubbing his fingers through his long snow white hair "Well you've seen the forest and rainforest already. I thought you'd maybe like to see the tundra". I thought about it for a few seconds then said "Ok, I'd like to visit the tundra with you". Udo smiled slightly and said "Ok. I'll come back here to come and get you". I smiled and said my goodbyes to Udo and went into my hut.

Udo POV

'I was so nervous to ask y/n to come and visit the tundra with me. She is a really nice girl and I don't want her to be scared of me. I want her to get use to me and my kin'  I thought as I flew back to my cave. When I got there I laid down in my nest and started to remember the memories of when Connal and I found y/n.

Flashback

Connal and I were walking through the tunnels, making small talk about random things when we heard a loud crashing sound from outside. We then began to fly outside one of the tunnels but were stopped by a girl laying unconscious in the tunnel. I stayed to see if the girl was ok but Connal continued flying outside the tunnel. I looked at the girl and saw a small gash in her head, her arm was swollen and starting to turn red and purple. Connal came back into the tunnel and said "I believe that a ship just sank outside. There are loose canons and pieces of wood in the water". I said "She must have came from that ship then". I continued "We need to help her. We can't just leave her here". Connal said "I'm sure some of the others are going to disapprove of this but your right Udo. We can't leave her. Pick her up and take her to the healing chamber". I picked the girl up bridal style and I walked to the healing chamber. 'I feel so bad for this girl. She looks like she is in so much pain. If she hadn't made it off that ship, she probably would have died because of the cold water. Why was she on that ship? Was she on that ship alone? Where there other people on that ship that didn't make it? Most importantly where was she headed too?'