Relationships

No One POV

The following day was nothing special. The blizzard from the day before had let up, giving you and your friends a chance to collect firewood. 

The fireplace in the living room had been lit hours ago by Borra, who'd constantly add large logs to the already blazing fire. When he wasn't adding logs to the fire, he was sitting on the carpeted ground, sharpening the few weapons he had brought with him. Udo was out collecting more firewood against your worried wishes. You, Shrike, and Ini sat on the couch, talking amongst one another. All of you were still in your nightgowns but had either a robe or blanket wrapped around you. 

"How is your leg?" Ini asked, evidently concerned about you. "It hurts whenever I walk, but the pain isn't as bad as it was yesterday," You explained, placing down at your covered leg. "Good. We don't need you getting hurt anymore," Ini said, sighing with relief. She turned to one of the windows, watching as the snow continued to fall heavily. "Do you think it will stop snowing in time for us to go back to Senara?" Ini asked. "It should," You said quietly, noticing how nervous Ini seemed. It was unlike her to act this. Indeed she'd been around snow before, but she had never acted this tense before. 

"Forgive me if I'm mistaken, Ini, but why does it seem like you're in a hurry to get back to Senara?" You asked, tilting your head to the side. Ini snapped her head toward you, biting her bottom lip as she wrapped the tan blanket tightly around herself. "I've never been in a blizzard before," Ini admitted, a bit embarrassed. You couldn't help but giggle at Ini. "It's going to be ok, Ini. At least we're all together," You said with a calming smile. Ini smiled back at you, feeling more relieved about the blizzard. "Enough about this blizzard; let's talk about something else!" Shrike said, wanting to change the topic. "Like what?" You asked, turning your head to Shrike. 

"Relationship advice," Shrike said without hesitation. "Relationship advice?" You raised a brow at the jungle fey. Ini hummed before smirking smugly. "Does this have something to do with Percival?" Ini asked. Shrike bit her bottom lip as she avoided eye contact. "Maybe," Shrike said as she played with a strand of her loose hair. "Very well, what would you like to know?" You asked, turning your full attention to Shrike. "How do you tell a man that you like him?" Shrike asked. "You have to be honest with yourself first. You need to make sure that he is what your heart wants. Then, you can take him somewhere secluded and tell him about your feelings," You said. Shrike sighed, sinking into the couch as she played with the string of her crimson robe. "You make it sound so easy, y/n. Yet, whenever I'm around him, I get so nervous, my knees feel weak, and I feel like I'm about to pass out," Shrike said with a small smile. "That's normal, Shrike. It means that your feelings for him are very strong. I felt the same way before Borra asked me to be his mate, and it was all worth it in the end," Ini said, smiling as she glanced at Borra. 

"Really?" Shrike questioned. "Yep, and I regret nothing," Ini said, sighing happily. "Neither do I," Borra spoke, smiling at Ini over his shoulder. "See? If they can do it, so can you," You said encouragingly. Shrike smiled at you, taking in your and Ini's words. "Alright, I'll tell him when we return," You and Ini clapped your hands together, proud of Shrike's decision. "Since we're on the topic of relationships, are we to expect little ones from you two?" You asked, pointing at Ini and Borra. Ini and Borra got quiet as they looked at one another. You and Shrike looked at the two, confused by their silence. "Is something wrong?" Shrike asked, raising a brow. "No, nothing is wrong, Shrike," Borra said as he stood, walking over to Ini, who moved so he could sit behind her, letting her lay on his chest. "If nothing is wrong, then what's with the silence?" You asked. "We were planning on telling you later, but I guess we can tell you now," Ini started. "We've decided that we're ready to start a family and have been trying to get pregnant ever since,"  Ini said with a shy smile.